FREE Revlon sunglasses at Sears Optical -

November 15, 2011

Potentially FAKE FREEBIE

I was sent this by a reader who was concerned about this freebie but had seen it promoted on other sites.

The freebie that I think is fake

FREE Revlon sunglasses at Sears Optical a $99 Value

Why I think it is fake:

1) The freebie seems WAY to good to be true

2) The URL – it is suppose to be a Sears deal but the URL is – http://freeframes.dialoguemarketingnow.com/

But what do you think? I really need some advice about this so please leave what you think in the comment section :)

I have called Sears and they did not seem to know about this promotion but that does not mean it is fake … but it does not help

Looks like it is legit :)

jocelyn dorsey November 15, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I think if it were legit, it would be on the SEARS page be offered on their website. So, i think it definitely fake!

Sher Saunders November 15, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Sounds like something where you have to fill out all those crazy surveys…i don’t trust it. It would make more sense to me if you had to print out a coupon and take it to the store. Like you said, too good to be true!

diane conover November 15, 2011 at 8:49 pm

looked it up on the hoax page and it was not found.when you click on it it presents a coupon with your name..and you can also click a link off it to find a location near you of sears…so idk

Kelly November 15, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Fake. The website itself screams fake—most freebies have a limit, this says free for all. There is a Sears logo, but no trademark information. The website isn’t Sears, and at the very bottom it says “Prescription lens extra,” umm Sears Optical doesn’t sell fashion glasses—they sell prescription glasses. Furthermore, when you line the sites up, the freebie took the first half of the Sears Optical page and simply changed the information. Also there are no conditions or terms of service, which legally there has to be.

Sarah Kesich November 15, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I did not try anything, but when you click on the link it states that you get a coupon, or at least it does on the bottom. I’d be curious to see what happens if you actually enter full information….

Andrea November 15, 2011 at 9:16 pm

It’s legiutimate. If you go to the Sears Optical website there’s a link to their FB page, if you “like” them the coupon shows up.

Jennifer November 15, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I clicked on it and got my coupon I am going to go to Sears and see what they say.