Make sure to PIN This Recipe or Repin
This is an ORIGINAL Budget Savvy Diva creation! I decided to come up with a pasta bake that pairs the flavors of a spinach and artichoke dip and mac n’ cheese. The balance in this dish is fantastic and it is SO full of flavor. Add some cooked chicken in it and call it dinner. Use gluten – free corn pasta and gluten – free flour to make this dish gluten- free.
Everyday at 1 pm PST/ 4pm EST Budget Savvy Diva posts a NEW RECIPE I might miss this time every now or then – but I know you understand
Make sure to follow Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook
Find Copy Cat Restaurant Recipes HERE
Find Crock Pot Recipes HERE
Find Gluten Free Recipes HERE
Find more Recipes HERE
What You Need
16 oz of Shell Pasta
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic ( Minced)
1 Cup of Sour Cream
1/4 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
10 Oz of Spinach ( Make sure to squeeze excess moisture, after it has been thawed of course)
13.5 Can of Artichoke Hearts rinsed and chopped
1 Cup of Mozzarella
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 16 oz of Shell Pasta
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic ( Minced)
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- ¼ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 10 Oz of Spinach ( Make sure to squeeze excess moisture, after it has been thawed of course)
- 13.5 Can of Artichoke Hearts rinsed and chopped
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- Cheese Sauce
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon of mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8oz)
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a Large Stockpot Cook pasta according to directions on the box – I try and under-cook the pasta by 2 minutes. Drain. Keep ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Add in flour and mix till golden brown. Slowly add milk ( keep mixing). Add seasoning – pepper, salt, mustard powder, and onion powder – mix.
- Add cheese slowly and mix till everything is combined.
- Place in a medium size bowl and mix – artichokes, spinach, sour cream, ¼ cup of pasta water, ½ cup of mozzarella, garlic , salt; pepper.
- Add mixture to the large stockpot full of cooked pasta
- Add in 80% of cheese sauce and mix
- Place mixture in a greased 9×13 pan
- Top with the rest of the cheese sauce
- Top with Parmesan cheese and rest of mozzarella cheese and place in the oven uncovered.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or till cheese is turning golden brown