** RECALL Alert **
This is a pretty bad recall y’all since these particular onions were used in many different products
Tons of ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook foods have been recalled because of listeria contamination at a California onion plant.
Although symptoms may appear as soon as three days after eating contaminated food, symptoms usually appear in one to three weeks. However, some people become ill two months after eating contaminated food.
The recall of onions, as well as celery-onion mixes, affected 12 U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Montana, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and Washington; and in Canada, Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario. Many more states are affected because the onions were used to make a variety of packages and ready-to-eat foods, and distributed to retail location in additional states.
Here’s a look at some of the related recalls:
- Trader Joe’s BBQ chicken salad sold in Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California, Southern Nevada and Texas.
- Sausages made by Enslin & Son Packing Company
- Chipotle chicken wraps made by LSG Sky Chefs of Florida
- Various prepared foods, from Asian stir fry to stuffed mushrooms, made by GH Foods CA and distributed to groceries.
- Trader Joe’s Salsa and balela made by Simmering Soups
- Wegmans chilled prepared foods sold at three Pennsylvania stores.
- A variety of Whole Foods prepared foods, from baby shrimp salad to turkey spring rolls
- A variety of prepared foods, from bean dip to pineapple fiesta salad, made by Cool Creations, LLC and distributed in Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Oklahoma.
- Publix custom sub sandwiches from Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, and South Carolina.
- Three-bean salad and broccoli stir fry from Spartan Stores in in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio.
- Tartar sauces, BBQ bean and Cole’s slaw products made by Ken’s and also sold under the brand names Golden Corral, Dickey’s, Lee’s and Fatz.
- Various ready-to-eat salads, slaw, salsa, bean and dip products made by Garden-Fresh Foods and sold under a number of brand names
- Cut ‘N Clean, Comfort (Cooking) Greens Kits by San Miguel Produce, sold in retail stores in Arizona, California, Iowa, and Nevada.
- A variety of Busch’s Fresh Food Market products, from Baked Mostaccioli to Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque Meatballs and all food bar soups
- Stop & Shop Calico bean salad