Defrost Meat In Less Than 15 Minutes, FDA Approved

January 31, 2013

Other Great Tips!

Defrost Meat in Less Then 15 Minutes, FDA APPROVED!!!
LIFE SAVER!! Heat water to 140 degrees temperature and then turn burners off. Place the meat in a storage (zip lock) baggie and put it in the water. Let it sit for 10 minutes if it’s chicken, and 12 minutes if it’s any other meat. The best part is that the meat won’t cook and bacteria will not develop! Best part is that it’s FDA approved, but yet not recommended for bigger cuts of meat. Next time don’t sweat it when you have a time line and still have to thaw the meat! This trick is quick, and SAFE!

Other recipes you'll love:

Grammar Police January 31, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Saw your image on Pinterest. It’s less than not then as you titled your post.
Other than that, thanks for the tip!!

Stacey February 1, 2013 at 1:15 am

I do this all the time but do it in the sink. I try to keep the water about room temp and things defrost fast!

Kelsey Apley February 1, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Wow, thanks for the tip I am always wondering what is the right way to defrost meat!!

Gwyn February 26, 2013 at 4:02 pm

wish there was a way to print it so I can put it on the fridge for when kids forget to get dinner out

Rae Nelson July 15, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Thank you for the tip, I will put it to good use!

Linda July 15, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I’ll stick with the refrigerator method. This might start the cooking process.

JulieLou42 July 15, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I do this right from the hot water in the kitchen sink, which is set @ 140 degrees, so no need to heat the water in a pan. [One side is about 1/4 the size of the other.]

Another thing to do is when you bag up your meats right from the market in ziplocs, make your packages as thin as possible so that they will freeze faster AND defrost faster.

Doing these two things will help quite a lot. I was doing this with meats 20 years before I just now heard the FDA had approved. Hey, if it works and there’s no harm, do it!