Make sure to REPIN this recipe 🙂
Let’s just take a minute and take in HOW CUTE these cuties are 🙂
This is the perfect snack to make for any upcoming event – if you do make them you know they will be the talk of the party
Did you know that penguins are one of my favorite animals – yep!
This is one of easiest and by far cutest recipe I have ever made
I have seen this recipe when I was a kid but never made it since I am not a fan of olives. Let me rephrase that — Olives are on the foods I dislike the most. My brother and I dislike olives while my whole family including my husband LOVES them.
This is why you do not see olives in my recipes — I think this is the first recipe in 700 I actually use them
My dad was sweet enough to help me out with this recipe – because he ROCKS!
Here is my Dad putting together the penguins! He also was able to cut the red pepper thin enough to make a scarf — that part was DRIVING me crazy!
My job was putting the toothpick through the penguins so they would stay up
Here is a close up picture of Mr.Penguin ( I have no talent naming anything )
Make sure to comment on this post if you plan on making this treat or not 🙂 I love to know what you think 🙂
Cream Cheese Penguin Recipe
- 1 Can of Large Olives ( Black)
- 1 Can of Small Olives ( Black )
- Cream Cheese ( soft)
- Red Pepper - Cut EXTREMELY thinly and in small strips ( this will be the scarf)
- Please check out the picture on the recipe post - it will really help on the shapes you need to cut
- Cut the large olive in half lengthwise and fill with cream cheese
- Cut the carrot in 2 ways - small stick segments - penguin nose and circles ( feet)
- Place large filled olive on the 2 carrot circles
- Run a toothpick through the small olive and large olive
- Place the carrot in place
- wrap the red pepper strip
- AND repeat till you have made the amount you need for your party