Make sure to repin this recipe
“Our twist on a Chinese classic with garlic, scallions, peanuts and hot red chilies.”
I love eating at California Pizza kitchen – they actually have a pretty great gluten – free menu ( total side note) but I do find eating out to be costly so I try and make the dishes my family enjoys at home.
Eric loves the Kung Poa Spaghetti so I decided to make it at home. What I liked about it the most is HOW much it made – seriously it ended up being a whole dinner the next night – it heats up very well.
Have you ever been to the California Pizza Kitchen? What is your favorite item to get when you go?
I know it looks like A LOT of ingredients but do not worry most of them are already in your pantry. You will need about 1 pound of cooked chicken breast – I just cooked mine on the stove top with simple pepper and salt. But feel free to use up any leftover chicken you might have.
This dish is perfect for a family of 6 – we are using one pound of pasta and adding a ton to it
What I love about this recipe is that I was able to make the sauce the night before – I love being able to put a dish together very easily.
If you do make the California’s Pizza Kitchen Kung Pao Spaghetti Recipe please make sure to comment and let us know what you think 🙂
Love You Guys!
California's Pizza Kitchen Kung Pao Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Pound of Chicken Breast, cooked and sliced
- ¼ Teaspoon of Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced - garnish
- ⅔ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup sherry
- 4 tablespoons red chili paste with garlic
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a bowl - whisk - soy sauce, sherry, red chili paste, chicken broth, cornstarch, and sesame oil - set bowl aside ( this is what you can do the night before)
- Cook pasta - set aside
- In a large skillet - add vegetable oil - add peanuts and garlic - cook on medium for a couple of minutes
- Add chicken and sauce - mix well
- Add pasta slowly
- Heat and mix together
- Garnish and Serve