The Best Turkey Chili Ever
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 pound of Ground Turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 2 Teaspoons of Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon of Cayenne pepper
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Pepper
- 28 Ounces of Diced Tomatoes ( do not drain )
- 1½ Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 Can of Black Beans ( rinsed )
- 1 Can of Red Kidney Bean ( rinsed)
- 1 Can of Corn
- Toppings ( cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream)
- In a large pot - add oil over medium heat. Add in garlic then meat. Cook till meat is done.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients except the toppings.
- Lower heat to low and cover
- Cook for another hour
- Serve with topping and enjoy
- If you want it to be thicker cook with the cover off
Fall is HERE and also are all the fallen leaves ( which I need to rake) – but instead I am going to eat this bowl of chili 😉 Whenever I make chili I always use beef but we are trying to be a bit healthier in my house so I decided to use turkey ( I do not havea ton of experience with ground chili) but I will say it ended up being super yummy and I did not miss the beef a bit.
What I love most about this chili is that it is SO simple to make – plus you can keep it on low and let it simmer all day. I use a dutch oven on the stove top. This recipe is also naturally gluten free.
This is everything I used – I love adding in as many different beans as possible to increase the protein in the dish. I added in of course some cheese. Cheese I think should be in every meal 😉 This dish is basically throwing everything together in a cooking dish and let cook. It really is that easy. I did not add in onions because Eric hates them – if I was making this for a “normal person” I would add about 1/2 cup of onions to this chili.
If you do make the The Best Turkey Chili Ever make sure to comment and let me know what you think 🙂 I seriously cannot wait to make this dish again.