These squares are a MUST – I cannot wait to make these for the twins.
Butterscotch Oat Squares
- 2 cups oats, quick or instant
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix the oats and brown sugar together and then stir in melted bu
- tter and vanilla.
- Divide the mixture between two ungreased 8x8 square pans. Bake for just 10
- minutes until golden-brown. Squares come out of the oven soft, but h
- arden as the
- Allow to cool in pan for five minutes and then loosen the edges and rem
- ove from
- pans to cut.
- Makes 32 squares.