Get entangled in the web of flavor and artistry – try our Spider Web Bark today and weave some chocolatey enchantment into your festivities. Every bite is a celebration of creativity and decadence that will leave you spellbound and craving for more. 🎃🍫🕸️
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: N/A
Inactive time: 20 minutes
Servings: approximately 18 webs
- We recommend piping bags for this to make clean up easy and more precise designs; however, a ziploc bag will work as well.
- Any variety of sprinkles will work here – we just want to add some color and texture. Some sprinkles even come with spiders already in the mix!
1 c white chocolate chips
¼ c dark chocolate chips
4 c pretzel sticks
¼ c Halloween sprinkles of choice
- Prep your work area by laying out a few strips of parchment paper.
- Transfer the dark chocolate to a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time. Stir well between increments until smooth. Transfer the melted chocolate to a piping bag or a ziploc with a small hole cut in the end.
- To make the spiders: Pipe a small dot about the size of a dime and then four legs on both sides of the dot. Allow to set by placing the parchment with the spiders on a plate or cutting board and placing in the fridge or freezer to expedite the chocolate hardening.
- Once the spiders are set, you can create the webs. Lay out approximately 8-10 pretzel sticks in a circle, with the points all meeting in the center.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time. Stir well between increments until smooth. Transfer the melted white chocolate to a piping bag or a ziploc with a small hole cut in the end.
- Pipe a large dollop in the center of the pretzels to keep them all connected. Then pipe large circles around and around the pretzels until it resembles a web. Keep the white chocolate dizzle lines somewhat thick – if they are too thin, they are easier to break.
- Immediately top with a spider (carefully remove from the parchment as to not break off any legs) and a few sprinkles for some color.
- Repeat this process with the remaining pretzels until the white chocolate is gone.
- Allow to set at room temperature for about 10-20 minutes or until the white chocolate has hardened.
Storage: Spider web pretzels can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.