Did you ever stop to consider that in addition to outdoor allergies you could be suffering from indoor allergies as well? Pollutants such as pet dander, dust, airborne allergens and other debris trapped in your air ducts could be wreaking havoc with your health. Duct cleaning Markham could remove these irritants and improve your overall health.
Regular Markham duct cleaning is one of the best ways to promote a clean and healthy home environment. As well, it can contribute to lower energy costs, which is always a good thing.
However, a lot of homeowners believe that duct cleaning Markham is a scam. In this article, we shall debunk myths about air duct cleaning as well as highlight the pros.
Myths About Duct Cleaning Markham: Debunked
Myth 1: Dirty ductwork doesn’t affect your health.
On average, most people are not affected by minor allergens from dirty air ducts. However, those with adverse health conditions such as autoimmune disorders, allergies, and respiratory ailments can be greatly affected by dirty ductwork. Dust, dander, and other allergens that are trapped in the vents are circulated through your home on a daily basis whenever you use your heat or air conditioning system. Not to mention airborne viruses and bacteria. Those with health issues may suffer from issues such as watery and itchy eyes, breathing issues, brain fog, headaches, dizziness, and skin irritations. Cleaning your air ducts can remove these particles, thus allowing the air that is coming from your vents to be much cleaner.
Myth 2: I clean my home regularly so my air ducts can’t possibly be dirty.
Regardless if you clean hourly, daily, or weekly, your air vents are in fact, dirty. This is especially true if you have pets if anyone in your home smokes or you have recently had construction or renovation on your home. In addition to dust mites, dander and the like, airborne bacteria and viruses can accumulate in your air vents, thus interfering with the air quality in your home.
Myth 3: Duct cleaning companies use harsh chemicals to clean your ductwork.
This is one of the most misunderstood facts about duct cleaning Markham. A professional vent cleaning company will use only state-of-the-art equipment and toxin-free cleaners on your ductwork. The pollutants and allergens trapped in your ducts are far more harmful for your health than the cleaning materials. If you are still concerned, you can consult your local vent cleaning company to find out what cleaners and equipment they use before committing to duct cleaning for your home.
Signs it’s Time for Duct Cleaning Markham
- Home renovations/New construction: Those who have recently had any type of construction on their home should schedule a duct cleaning. Construction work can cause dirt, dust, and debris to accumulate in your ductwork.
- Mold or Mildew Growth: Should you notice a musty or moldy smell emitting from your air vents, it could indicate that there is mold or mildew trapped in your air ducts. Mold especially can be harmful to your health, even toxic. Professional duct cleaning teams will safely and thoroughly remove any mold or mildew that is found in your ducts.
- A sudden increase in energy costs: Are energy costs increasing drastically but you can’t find the source? if your vents are dirty, your HVAC system has to work double-time to circulate air to your home. This can lead to higher heating and cooling costs. Cleaning your vents will not only lower these costs but can protect the lifespan of your HVAC system.
- Insect or rodent droppings; Dirty air ducts tend to attract bugs, mice, and other pests. If you are noticing droppings near your vents, it’s time to schedule a duct cleaning Markham.
- Increase in allergy symptoms: Are your eyes itchy and watery? Do you have unexplained rashes on your skin? Is someone in your family having breathing issues? This is a telltale sign that you need to schedule vent cleaning as soon as possible.
Contact Comfort Clean for a free estimate for duct cleaning Markham. Our cleaning team is fully trained and will clean your ducts thoroughly. Call us today to get started.