Top reasons why cotton linens is the best for sleeping
Bed linen is a thing that cannot be saved on. Your rest depends on its quality, as a result – the effectiveness of the next day, mood and state of the body. Healthy sleep is one of the components of good health. Today, the market is full of eyes from the choice of bed: different prices, fabrics, colors, patterns, designs, sizes.
But in order not to harm the health and family budget, we have prepared information that will teach you how to choose a quality bed without impressive “recommendations” from sellers.
Characteristics of a quality linens
It does not matter at all whether you are buying a ready-made bed set or choosing a fabric for tailoring, be guided by some selection criteria that are suitable for the first and second options.
- The first thing you need to pay attention to is the sensations that arise during tactile contact with the fabric. To the touch, it should be pleasant, tender. The skin should be the first to “approve” the bed, so that later there are no unpleasant sensations during sleep.
- The density of the linen should not be lower than 60. You can determine it “by eye”. After all, the thin material is immediately visible. The denser the bed, the better, better and more durable.
- The fabric or finished bed should not emit an unpleasant smell, smell of dampness, mold or synthetic substances. One of the reasons for an unpleasant odor may be the presence of low-quality dyes.
- Carefully inspect all the details of the bed set, the connecting seams should be even, neat, strong and without protruding threads.
- The color of the threads on the seams should match the color of the bed. This is another characteristic of a quality bed.
- If there are ornaments or embroidered patterns on the fabric, rub them with the back of your hand. This should not cause irritation and discomfort. If the threads are hard and of poor quality, you risk waking up with scratches in the morning.
- You can check the quality of staining: rub the front side of the material with your palm, no traces of dye should remain on your hand.
- The packaging must contain all the information about the kit: dimensions, manufacturer, care features. It must be complete, without defects. Only on packages with high quality bedding is the density of the material also indicated.
- High-quality sheets and duvet covers are sewn from a single-width fabric without seams in the middle. Seams do not make sleep less comfortable, but they significantly affect the strength and aesthetics of the bed.
Advantages of cotton fabrics for bed
We have been working with clients who purchase fabrics for bedding for more than one year. Experience shows that cotton is best suited for this task.
Cotton is the most popular bed linen fabric. Depending on how the fibers are intertwined, it is divided into types: calico, satin, chintz, cambric, etc. They have different characteristics and qualities. Coarse calico, for example, is very dense and wear-resistant. She has high hygienic properties. High-quality fabric, subject to proper care, retains the brightness of color and pattern for several years. Sateen, which is also called Egyptian cotton, feels like silk. Pleasant to the touch and very soft. Outwardly, the fabric is quite aesthetic with a slight sheen. It also withstands a large number of washings, almost does not wrinkle. The fabric “breathes”. But the price for it is higher than for other cotton fabrics. A bed made of this material looks expensive and noble. As a rule, it is used for the manufacture of elite kits.
- Cotton perfectly absorbs moisture (it can absorb 30% of moisture, and at the same time remain absolutely dry and fresh). Cotton fabrics do not accumulate static electricity. Since it is an ecological material, it does not cause skin irritation and allergic reactions.
- Cotton blankets does not create a greenhouse effect due to excellent air circulation. In winter, it is warm to sleep under it, and in summer it gives coolness, because of which the skin “breathes”.
- It is pleasant to the touch and durable. Resistant to wear, easy to wash and iron.
- A cotton bed will not slip on the mattress, as happens, for example, with satin. On cotton fabrics it is convenient and comfortable to sleep.
If you follow the basic care recommendations, a cotton bed will serve you for several years without compromising quality and color.
How often should you change your bed?
For healthy sleep, you need not only to sleep on a good bed, but also to change it in time. Our body has a lot of contact with the fabric during sleep, especially if you sleep without pajamas. It is not always possible to adhere to the required thermal regime in the bedrooms, therefore, during rest, the skin can sweat, which provokes the appearance of harmful microorganisms. Ideally, it is advisable to cover a clean set once every 7 days.
If the material allows, wash at 60 degrees. This is enough to destroy all harmful bacteria. It is better to dry in the fresh air, natural solar ultraviolet has disinfecting properties.
Choosing the right bedding color
Do not be guided by fashionable colors. It is better to give preference to calm, light shades. Bright ones may shed after washing or leave color prints on the body. The strength of dyes is evaluated on a 5-point scale. For bed, the score must be at least 4.
Poor-quality paints not only shed, but also cause allergies, skin irritations and poisoning. The above risks are always in bright colors. But even calm tones can be chosen for any interior. Choose a few dominant bedroom colors: walls, floors, curtains, furniture. The color of the linen should be in harmony with them so that the room is cozy and calm.