Enter the realm of culinary sorcery with our Witch’s Brew Brownie Recipe! Unleash your inner witch and create a bewitching treat that will cast a spell on your taste buds and leave you craving for more.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 16-18 minutes
Servings: approximately 36 mini-cupcake size brownie bites
- We used instant ground coffee to accentuate the chocolate flavor – but it is optional.
For the brownies –
12 T unsalted butter
½ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ c cocoa powder
½ t instant coffee grounds (optional – but highlights the chocolate flavor)
1 c brown sugar
½ c sugar
1 egg yolk
1 t vanilla
½ t baking powder
½ t salt
1 ¼ c flour
1 c unsalted butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 t vanilla
½ t salt
4 c powdered sugar
Green & yellow food coloring (or neon green)
Sprinkles of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray and coat with a thin layer of flour for easier release (or use BAKING spray with flour in the spray).
- To make the brownies – In a medium, microwavable bowl, combine the butter and the chocolate chips. Heat in 30 second increments and stir well between each. Continue to heat and stir just until smooth and the chocolate chips are completely melted.
- Add in the cocoa powder and the instant coffee grounds. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the granulated sugar and the brown sugar – combine well.
- Add in the two eggs and one additional egg yolk, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Finally, add in the flour and stir well – scraping the sides and bottom frequently.
- Measure out one tablespoons worth of brownie batter into each muffin cavity. Bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately upon removing from the oven, have a rounded teaspoon or similar sized scoop handy. Once removed from the oven, press the scoop into the top of the brownie to create a hole where we will fill the frosting and sprinkles once cooled. This must be done while the brownies are still hot, otherwise they will begin to set and harden, preventing an indentation. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make the frosting – in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the softened butter, cream cheese, salt and vanilla and cream until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed for about a minute. Once the sugar has combined, bump up the speed to high for an additional minute to make it fluffy and smooth.
- Add in your desired food coloring.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Once the brownies have cooled, pipe a small dollop of frosting into the crevice of each brownie. Top with sprinkles and enjoy!
Storage: Brownies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days or frozen for 3 months.