This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CookieBallCountdown #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
Walmart Inspired Custom OREO cookie balls
While I was at Walmart I took a little detour through the cookie aisle and I was amazed at so many flavors of OREO. I have made Oreo cookie balls in the past and I was immediately inspired to revisit that treat, especially in light of the holiday season.
I came up with a caramel apple inspired customized OREO cookie ball, that I know is going to be a huge hit. It starts out as the OREO ball you already love, and with just a few small additions, it becomes a new signature holiday treat.
Easy Holiday OREO Treats
If you haven’t made my other recipe before, it’s super easy. This custom version for the holidays is doubly good and super fun to make. It’s a convenient way to create festive sweets during the busy season. Try it out for yourself, and see how easy it is! These cinnamon apple OREO cookie balls are decadent and one of a kind. They make a uniquely exciting treat for the most wonderful time of the year. Find more great OREO recipes here.
- 1 brick of cream cheese softened
- 36 OREO Cookies Cinnamon Roll flavor, finely crushed
- 16 oz white chocolate chips, melted
- ½ cup dried apples, crushed
- ½ cup caramel
- Mix the OREO crumbs and cream cheese until they blend.
- Make 48 1 inch balls and freeze, then dip in melted white chocolate. Place in a single layer on a paper lined cookie sheet
- refrigerate 1 hour until firm.
- melt white chocolate in the microwave for 40 seconds and stir. Continue to melt 20 seconds at a time and stir until the melted white chocolate is completely smooth.
- dip your OREO cookie balls in the white chocolate with a spoon and cover completely. Then set each covered ball aside.
- sprinkle lightly with crushed apple.
- melt caramel to desired consistency. It should be runny if you are using a spoon to drizzle. If you have a squeeze bottle, it can be more gloopy than runny. When finished, drizzle caramel over the top of each cookie ball.