Healthy Eating & Its Perks
It’s no secret that our bodies need nutrients to keep us healthy. We also know that the key to a healthy lifestyle is eating a balanced diet and the right amount of food to meet our energy requirements. However, many people make the mistake of making food choices based on their calorie count instead of looking at the nutritional value they have to offer. With diets, you can achieve a balance between the two.
People typically follow different diets such as paleo, keto, vegan, ultra low-fat, and much more. These diets mainly comprise eating food in a particular way, fasting, exercising, etc. However, one of the best ways to stay fit is combining healthy eating with fasting. Thanks to easy-to-use DoFasting, following diets to achieve your fitness goals is now easier than ever.
What Does a Healthy Diet Include?
A healthy diet contains different foods that complement each other to give your body the nutrition it needs. Here’s a list of beneficial food types you should eat daily to stay healthy.
Eating Protein-rich Food
Protein is one of the 3 macronutrients you need to include in your diet. It supports several body functions, helps your muscles, and keeps your bones and skin healthier. Moreover, most protein-rich foods are also rich in iron, zinc, and magnesium.
Protein can be found in beef, chicken, pork, fish (especially salmon), turkey, and dairy products such as eggs and cheese. Vegan options for protein are beans, nuts, seeds, tofu, dried peas and lentils, seitan (vegetarian meat substitute), fortified soy beverage, or protein powder.
A Plateful Of Veggies and Fruits
If your goal is a healthier diet, you can never go wrong with fruits & vegetables. They’re an essential part of any healthy diet as they contain vitamins and minerals to help keep you healthy, including folate, which is necessary for preventing several diseases.
Even if you choose not to give up meat entirely, cutting down on red meat and eating more fruits and veggies will give you your protein without adding too much-saturated fat to your diet.
Wholegrain Food Choices
Examples of whole grains include brown rice, whole grain pasta, quinoa, oatmeal, bulgur wheat, and wholegrain bread and tortillas. They are rich in fiber, B vitamins, and other nutrients that help you stay healthy and full longer. Wholegrain food is essential to any meal. When paired with intermittent fasting, whole grains go a long way in keeping you fit and healthier and even aid you in weight loss.
Intermittent fasting or intermittent energy restriction, is a diet regimen that involves intentionally reducing calories from the diet on fasting days and increasing them on non-fasting days to aid weight loss.
For example, you can fast 7-9 hours a day and consume enough food to maintain caloric intake during the remaining hours. Apps like Lasta can help you reach the peak of your fitness goal with their assistance in intermittent fasting, meal tracking, scheduled water tracking, and much more.
The primary benefits of intermittent fasting include:
- Burning more calories and getting rid of skinny, visceral, and stubborn fat.
- Increase your metabolic rate, helping you burn even more calories.
- Maintaining blood pressure, sugar levels, and inflammatory markers while keeping your heart healthier.
- It induces a cellular repair process called “Autophagy,” a waste removal process initiated by cells in your body when a person fasts for more than 5-6 hours thereby detoxifying your body.
- It reduces oxidative stress and insulin resistance, improving your brain health, and helps your brain to be more active and focused.
- Studies have shown that intermittent fasting reduces bloating and inflammation. It also prevents aging and many chronic diseases.
- It changes the function of cells and hormones, lowering the risk of obesity and diabetes.
Tips For Following Intermittent Fasting With Ease
Dietary patterns in intermittent fasting involve periods of reduced eating with brief fasting. This fasting method is widely practiced, but the length, frequency, and timing of these periods may vary from person to person. Here are some tips that’ll make intermittent fasting easier for you.
- Stay hydrated enough during the day. You can drink water, fruit juices, and other healthy beverages to prevent dehydration and stay active throughout the day.
- Create a schedule, plan out hours to fast, and stick to it. It will reduce hunger and cravings because you will know precisely when to eat.
- Get enough rest. People who follow intermittent fasting usually have sleep issues. If you are having trouble sleeping, then try fixing your daily schedule.
- Prepare wholesome meals in advance if you have enough time to avoid snacking.
- Plan meals that are healthy and nutritious. Eating slowly and frequently in the remaining time can make your food last longer.
Knowing what goes into a healthy diet and what to expect when you try intermittent fasting goes a long way in helping you become healthier. However, staying motivated and sticking to the plan is essential and plays a bigger part in the process. That’s where apps like Lasta’s intermittent fasting app comes in.
Lasta will guide you through your intermittent fasting journey and even help you plan meals throughout the day and stay healthier while keeping you accountable.