Copycat Applebee’s Artichoke and Spinach Dip

January 10, 2012

Copycat Applebee's Artichoke and Spinach Dip

Pin It

If you like this recipe then PIN IT

Spinach Artichoke dip is one of my guilty pleasures – can you really go wrong with a bunch of cheese?! No you cannot. One of my favorite spinach artichoke dips is from Applebee’s. But this Budget Savvy Diva does not have the money to stroll to the nearest Applebee’s and enjoy this amazing appetizer. So I decided to make my own copy cat recipe. I tried a ton of recipes the best I found was from food.com – I did change the amount of  mozzarella cheese and pepper + I changed how I put the dish together.

First gather all your ingredients ;)

• (10 ounce) box or bag frozen chopped spinach
  • 14 ounces artichoke hearts , drained and roughly chopped
  • 1  cup shredded parmesan-romano cheese mix
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 10 ounces alfredo sauce – I just buy the canned stuff ;)
  • 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
  • 4 ounces softened cream cheese
  • 1 tsp pepper

What to Do

- Set the oven to 350 ;)

- I like to mix all the cheeses together ( I call it the glue). I mix these alone so I know they are well mixed together – no one wants to take a bite of dip and get a mouth full of cream cheese ( well maybe you do ;)  )  So I take a bowl and place the 1/2 of mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, alfredo sauce, parmesan-romano. Should look like this

- Now Mix Mix Mix!

- Place spinach, artichoke, pepper, and garlic in the bowl and mix :)

( This is starting to look good ;) )
Now place the mixture in a 8×8 pan – I greased my pan with a little oil.
Then I took the rest of the mozzarella cheese and sprinkled over the top.
Now it is time to bake !!!
I like to wait till it browns completely on top – takes about 30 minutes.
Wait 5 minutes and enjoy
Copycat Applebee's Artichoke and Spinach Dip
And boy is this GOOD! I mean “happy dance good”. This recipe will not disappoint :)
To print the recipe below make sure to click on the printer and not the word print

Copycat Applebee's Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip

• 1 tsp pepper
Instructions
  1. ) Preheat Oven To 350
  2. ) Mix in a bowl - Parmesan, ½ cup Mozzarella, Alfredo Sauce, Cream Cheese
  3. ) Mix in - Garlic, Pepper, Artichokes, Spinach
  4. ) Place mixture in 8x8 greased pan. Sprinkle ½ Mozzarella on top
  5. ) Cook for 30 minutes.
  6. ) Enjoy!

Other recipes you'll love:

analisa January 10, 2012 at 12:54 am

Thanks for posting! I wanted to go to Applebees to have appitizers but now I don’t have to! I also <3 that you used Fresh and Easy ingredients becuz that's what I am going to use and now I know which products to look for!

Stacy January 10, 2012 at 6:09 am

Looks Yummy!!!

Shelly January 21, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I love applebees spinach and artichoke dip!!! I am gonna try this yummy!!!

allie January 25, 2012 at 5:42 am

Made it for my husband and his buddies and they loved it! Definitely a keeper! Thanks :)

Kelly February 7, 2012 at 12:39 am

Made this yesterday for our Superbowl Party.. OMG! Not only was everyone impressed with how delicious (and an absolute copycat to Applebee’s), I was extremely proud of myself! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. :)

kathy February 20, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Love this! Can’t wait to try it!

Stephanie March 2, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Looking forward to trying this but…. there’s something that is missing that none of the recipes online seem to have… Asiago cheese!!! It even says on Applebee’s menu “and melted Asiago and Parmesan cheeses” Any idea why none of the recipes have Asiago cheese in them?

mela March 4, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I love how you post the pics as you go. I will so have to try this.. =-)

liz March 15, 2012 at 10:51 am

So this recipe was a huge SUCCESS at tonights get together. I got so many compliments, everyone LOVED it. Thank you for the recipe :)

Lisa March 21, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Can you use a food processor to cut the artichokes? I like my artichokes a little bit more refined. Or would that be tooooo much. Thanks and it looks soooo good.

Lisa

Annette April 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Making this for the second time! The first batch didn’t last long! I love that this is so like Applebee’s cause our location has changed their recipe and it’s so not the same – way less creamy and it’s kind of dry. We had thought it was just a bad night but we’ve been twice and was still not good

Kristen April 18, 2012 at 6:12 am

Tried this recipe tonight at at party I had and it was a huge hit! So delicious! I’m actually going to post a blog on your great recipe!

MARILYN April 26, 2012 at 12:16 pm

LOOKS YUMMY. I LOVE THIS DIP

Ashley May 8, 2012 at 7:19 pm

OMG!!! I made this last night and it is TO DIE FOR!
I am new to your site and over the last couple of days I have made a few of your recipes (Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, Crock Pot Cherry Cobbler, the cupcakes with the Hershey Kisses, and tonight’s dinner is your Famous Easy Lasagna). Everything has been a HUGE hit! Thank you so much for all that you do BSD!

Budget Savvy Diva May 8, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I am so glad you liked it :) It is one of my favorites! I have a feeling that your family has the same taste as mine.

Larissa September 7, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Hmm, I think I’ll just hit up applebees for happy hour…$5 on happy hour plus tip. The ingredients alone… Argh. Good recipe though ;-)

Liliana September 9, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Made it this morning to take to a football game party. Tried it and it was delish, thanks!!!

Sarah September 21, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Best spinach dip I’ve ever made! Absolutely delicious!!!

Kiri October 7, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I made this recipe after finding it on Pinterest, for thanksgiving dinner appetizers, as soon as it came out of the oven I had to watch my family and tell them no so it could cool down, and not burn there mouth. I finally said it was ok, left the room for 2 min came back and the bowl was majority eaten. Then I was being told that this was the best dip that they ever ate! So thanks for posting this recipe, can’t wait to make it again! Big hit!

victoria December 11, 2012 at 7:50 am

I use it for pizza sauce n every time I do my home made pizza is gone before I get any lol

sonya December 22, 2012 at 5:46 am

So excited to try this recipe this weekend for our Christmas Eve celebration! Could you make it in a crock pot so it stays warm through the whole evening??? that is if it lasts that long :/ If so what would you recommend for time and settings?? Low 3 hours??

Kristen March 15, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Quick question…do you thaw the frozen spinach? I am making this, tonight and want to make sure. Thanks in advance!

Budget Savvy Diva March 15, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Yep

Kristen March 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Thank you!

Denise May 13, 2013 at 1:56 am

Ok do you know about how many servings this actually is. Need to make this for a reception and trying to figure out how much i’m going to need

michelle August 31, 2013 at 2:40 am

Can use use something instead of Alfredo sauce?

Josephine March 21, 2014 at 12:31 am

ahh this looks so good I’d eat the whole thing by myself >.>