Cure a Headache with a Lime

Use Aluminum Foil as Dryer Sheet

Use Shaving Cream To Clean Bathroom Mirror

Use Lemons To Make Soggy Lettuce Crisp

How To Restore A Sponge With Salt

5 Unexpected Ways to Use Toothpaste

Cure a Headache with a Lime

Cut a lime in half and rub the part of the head that aches with the cut open end of the lime.  I had a mild headache yesterday and I tried this tip and it worked!

A Ha! May 29, 2012 at 6:20 pm

That’s pretty cool! I would hope it would work with lime juice, though, because a lime is 33¢ and I get my ibuprofen for 12¢ a pill.

Budget Savvy Diva May 29, 2012 at 6:28 pm

The juice is what makes it work – so you should be good :)

Maggie August 25, 2012 at 1:45 am

I have also heard that if you put an ice cube on the inside of you wrist it will cure a headache.

sue August 25, 2012 at 1:48 am

was just wondering whether the juice will b too acidic for our skin??

Linda V August 25, 2012 at 4:42 am

It works, I have done it for years. The good thing is we always have a lime in the kitchen.

sslynch October 15, 2012 at 5:26 am

A natural remedy, if it works, is always better than a drug. Never heard of this one though. I take more Advil than I want to take. I’ll definitely check this out ;)

Brittney December 12, 2012 at 3:11 am

Be careful though. Sometimes the acidic juices can cause the skin to temporarily be sensitive to the sun causing hyper pigmentation.

Artemis December 19, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Definitely going to give this a try. I’m use to taking Advil as well, always prefer natural remedy over drug, especially since I recently read about some of the side effects of Advil, other Ibuprofen drugs.

L. February 27, 2013 at 1:50 am

I get violent headaches from some arthritis meds I am on and I can’t take NSAIDs (meds like advil, etc) anymore because they tear up my stomach thanks to long term use of sulindac, and I use skinners salve and it works like a charm…heavenly. I will try this but if anyone is looking for a super effective natural alternative you have another recommendation from someone who has to have the best.

Louise March 20, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Just thought you should know tylenol is not an nsaid and doesn’t work the same way as nsaids so it doesn’t affect the stomach. Could be good if you need a painkiller :) but of course natural remedies are preferable.

Highly annoyed March 20, 2013 at 6:50 pm

What a great natural way to make a headach go away. I would rather pay 33 cents a lime than 12 cents a ibuprofen if it was better for my personal health. Most Americans forget about their well being and focus too much on money. Before you take more ibuprofen or Advil etc read the label and look up every chemical because its going in your body. Just sayin.

Ada September 22, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Skin concern: No worries as it is also a natural spot removal.

Karen davidson January 25, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I am going to try some of these for my headache