Want a yummy Christmas themed treat – this is PERFECT for you
This is a very easy treat to make — actually my husband made most of these for me ( Thanks Eric!) I was busy talking to my mom about the Bath and Body Works Fresh Balsam candle ( she never smelled it before so I gave her a 3 wick candle )
When I start talking about Bath and Body Works I will keep talking about it for hours… I have a problem 😉
To make this dish gluten – free simply use gluten – free pretzels and of course use high quality chocolate 🙂 You are going to see this ghirardelli chocolate a lot in my recipes this week.
High quality chocolate is not much more expensive and the difference can really be tasted – I like using 60% cacao since it balances the sweetness of the candy canes.
If you make this recipe I would love to see it – make sure to snap a picture on place it on instagram use the #budgetsavvydiva so I can see it 🙂 OR you can comment on this recipe page and let me know what you thought 🙂
Either way I love to hear back from you 🙂
For a simple last minute gift idea you can make these treats and fill up a mason jar – add a ribbon and INSTANT GIFT!
Peppermint Chocolate Coated Pretzels
- 1 Bag of Mini Pretzels
- 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
- 10 Candy Canes - Smashed into Small Bits
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl - microwave 30 seconds at a time stirring each time till it is completely smooth
- Dip half the pretzel into the chocolate you could do the whole pretzel but I think it is nicer looking with the half dip
- Roll the chocolate portion into the peppermint bits
- Lay on parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Once all the pretzel have had their chocolate dip place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 30 minutes for the chocolate to set