ZUCCHINI!!!! My garden is overflowing with Zucchini — which I am happy about. Every day I go into my garden and take back a small haul of cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes and some wildflowers. I know fall will be here soon enough ( please make those leaves stop changing colors…. seriously) and it will be rainy Portland for months again – but for now I am enjoying my garden. I am trying to do interesting recipes with my zucchini ( no zucchini bread here ) – I decided to make zucchini boats – I loved this recipe — I seriously ate this WHOLE dish myself over the course of 2 days.
This recipe is SUPER easy to make ( side note can you notice the mistake in the ingredient picture above? …… I accidentally had garlic twice in the photo. ) I ended up using ground chicken — it is a bit tricky because you do not want it to dry out. You can use a bit of oil when you are cooking it. All I did was spray the pan with oil – not much and it worked.
Of course my dad helped me with this recipe 🙂 You can use ground beef if you want with the recipe – what I love most about the recipe is that it is naturally gluten free.
If you do make the Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats then comment and let me know what you thought 🙂
Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
- One pound of Chicken - Ground
- 2 Medium Zucchini - cut length-wise
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 Garlic Clove , minced
- ½ tsp of Pepper
- 1 Cup of Pasta Sauce
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Basil - Optional
- Preheat oven to 400 - grease a casserole dish
- Scoop out the zucchini so there is a boat shape
- Cook chicken and garlic together in a large pan. Once the chicken is cooked add in pepper, sauce, and salt
- Scoop chicken mixture into the zucchini boats and top with cheeses
- Place casserole dish in the oven for 35 minutes - cover with foil
- Garnish with basil