Breast cuts are an excellent go-to ingredient because they are easy to cook, and you can make a range of delicious, healthy dishes with them. Additionally, they are an excellent source of lean protein and can take on pretty much any flavor you add.
There are several exciting yet straightforward recipes, from juicy oven-baked chicken breasts to healthy chicken breast salads. Grilling, sautéing, and baking are the healthiest ways to cook chicken breast.
Grilled Chicken and Quinoa Bowls
Quinoa chicken bowls are not only filling and delicious, but they are also healthy. However, the best thing about these bowls is that they are effortless to make. So if you are looking for a quick, powerhouse meal, this recipe is excellent for you.
- Marinate the chicken cut in ¼ cup of olive oil, two minced garlic cloves, oregano, rosemary, juice of one lime, salt, and paprika.
- Pan-sear your boneless breast cuts till they are cooked to your preference. If you want them to cook at a faster rate, slice or cut the breasts into smaller pieces.
- Boil one cup of quinoa and mix the quinoa with grated or chopped vegetables of your choice.
- Put the cooked chicken pieces on top of the quinoa salad and add toasted sesame seeds on top. Add salt, pepper, and any other salad seasoning of your choice to the bowl.
- Make a sauce of greek yogurt, grated garlic, lime juice, grated lemon zest, and fresh ground black pepper.
Everybody loves a good bruschetta. Breast-cut bruschettas are an excellent way to enjoy this dish without worrying about consuming carbs. You are essentially packing the dish with protein instead of carbs by replacing the bread with breast slices.
- Chop the chicken fillet into four pieces and marinate them in Italian seasoning, salt, and olive oil.
- Boil ½ cup of balsamic vinegar in a saucepan let the consistency thicken.
- Pan sear the seasoned fillets by adding oil. Cook the chicken fillet on medium heat until both sides are browned.
- Make a salad of diced tomatoes, garlic, onion basil, olive oil, and seasoning of your choice, and place a spoonful over the fillets.
- Drizzle the balsamic sauce over the bruschetta and enjoy the dish
Lemon Chicken Skillet Dinner
You can make this cozy, weeknight meal in just 30 minutes with the proper preparations. The best part is, you only need one skillet or pan to make this delicious dish. Serve it a salad of your choice or with grilled or stir-fried vegetables to enjoy your lemon chicken to the best.
- Cut 12 ounces of red baby potatoes into half and cook them until tender (for around 12 minutes)
- Cut four boneless breast strips into smaller pieces and season with kosher salt, thyme sprigs, and olive oil.
- Chop four ounces of cremini mushrooms, parsley, and a few French beans.
- Set a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high flame and add oil to it.
- Add the chicken and thyme sprigs and turn the strips over until cooked.
- Preheat the oven to 450 C, take the skillet off the pan, place it in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once done, place the skillet back on the stove over medium-high heat, add the potatoes and thyme, chicken stock, lemons, and beans to the skillet.
- Combine ¼ cup of whole milk and five teaspoons of all-purpose flour in a pan, add it to the skillet and bring it to a boil.
- Finally, sprinkle the chopped parsley over the dish.
Spicy Baked Chicken Strips
Healthy recipes don’t have to taste bland. These spicy chicken strips are an excellent lean meat option that will satisfy your cravings and nourish you. You only need some essential ingredients to make this delicious dish, making it an excellent weekday meal option. It can add a wonderful Asian twist to your menu.
- Mix 4 cloves of garlic, sriracha, olive oil, two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, and two tablespoons of soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add salt, sugar, and spices to your taste and squeeze in the juice of one lime.
- Cut two whole chicken breast strips into smaller pieces and let them marinate in the mix for at least an hour after you preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Place the strips and some of the sauce on a baking tray and pop it into the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Boil the remaining sauce in a saucepan till it thickens, and pour it over the baked chicken strips once done.
It’s vital to purchase the cuts from reliable suppliers who sell only fresh meat. They cook fast, and even the most inexperienced cooks can whip up something delicious with these easy cuts. These easy-to-make chicken recipes are great for simple home-based meals and gatherings.