Mason Jar Balsamic Vinaigrette

January 25, 2012

Mason Jar Balsamic Vinaigrette

Pin It

If you like this recipe then PIN IT on Pinterest :)

I cannot even begin to count how many times I have made this recipe – it is something I whipped up years ago. I love the fact that is super easy to make, tastes great, plus it does not have all those pesky preservatives.

This Balsamic Vinaigrette is perfect for salads, dipping bread, or use as a marinade.

What You Need

1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 Clove of Garlic, minced

Pinch of Salt and Pepper

1/4 Cup of Balsamic Vinegar

What To Do

1) Get a Mason Jar ( I love using a Major Jar because it makes mixing up the dressing easy and fun ;) )

2) Add Olive Oil

Add Salt and Pepper

Add Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic

Put the top onto the Mason Jar and start to shake it :) Shake Shake Shake!

Viola!

Mason Jar Balsamic Vinaigrette

This amount of Vinaigrette is enough for 3 -4 salads in my household – make sure to shake before every use ( the oil and vinegar separate)

Mason Jar Balsamic Vinaigrette

: Dressing

Super Simple Vinaigrette Recipe
Ingredients
  • ½ Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
  • Pinch of Salt and Pepper
  • ¼ Cup of Balsamic Vinegar
Instructions
  1. Get a Mason Jar ( I love using a Major Jar because it makes mixing up the dressing easy and fun ;) )
  2. Add Olive Oil
  3. Add Salt and Pepper
  4. Add Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic
  5. Shake ( with Mason Top On)
  6. Enjoy!

Other recipes you'll love:

Frugal Jen | Frugal, Freebies and Deals January 26, 2012 at 5:31 am

If you want it to stay together better.. add a bit of mustard.

Erin February 19, 2012 at 4:46 pm

I like this recipe and the suggestion of the mason jar. I find most supermarket balsamic vinaigrette to be too heavily spiced. I love basil, so I might try a bit of this, but otherwise sounds fantastic.

Karen March 18, 2012 at 11:33 pm

I’m printing this recipe as I type :) I have about 3/4 of a bottle of balsamic vinegar left over from a recipe and didn’t know what to do with the remaining. My daughter & I will love this. THANKS!

Michelle April 11, 2012 at 1:18 am

My daughters and I all love vinegar. One thing you can try is a little balsamic on your green beans. Its very tasty, if you like vinegar :) Now I am off to make this yummy sounding dressing :)

nancy April 8, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I just made this. VERY fresh and EZ. Thanks for the recipe!!

Melissa May 22, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Any idea on the calories per serving?

CheekinSquared July 17, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I plugged it into a recipe calculator. At 4 servings per recipe: Calories per serving 246, carbs 5g, Fat 28g. Olive oil is a “good” oil, but moderation is still needed.

Jessica February 16, 2013 at 4:46 pm

When she said the dressing makes 3-4 salads, I think she meant FAMILY sized salads, not that the recipes makes 3-4 INDIVIDUAL salads. So if a family salad serves aprox. 4 people, and the recipes dresses 3-4 salads, then the recipe contains somewhere between 12 and 16 servings.

…wow, can anyone follow my math there? :)

chrissy November 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Any idea how long this will last for in the fridge? I make this all the time but am never sure how long to keep it – so end up wasting half of the batch since it’s just me and my husband.

Budget Savvy Diva November 29, 2012 at 4:29 pm

One Week

Cathy April 22, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Sometimes the simplest things are the best! The simple flavors really make a salad tasty! So easy and healthful too!