Everyday at 5 pm PST/ 8 pm EST Budget Savvy Diva posts a NEW RECIPE
Make sure to follow Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook
If you like this recipe then PIN IT on Pinterest
Find Copy Cat Recipes HERE
Find more Recipes HERE
First off Mexican food ROCKS! So much flavor plus many of the recipes are nice on the wallet and simple to make. Today’s recipe is PERFECT to make in large amounts and freeze.
What You Need
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Clove of Minced Garlic
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Finely Chopped Jalapenos seeded
- 1 Teaspoon of lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a medium size bowl mix – chicken, 1 cup of cheese, garlic – roll mixture into tortillas and place into pan.
- In a sauce pan – melt the butter and stir in corn starch and cook for one minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Keep over heat until it bubbles and becomes thick. Stir in sour cream, chopped Jalapenos, lime, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Do not let it boil.
- Pour mixture over enchiladas and top with the last cup of cheese.
- Bake for 25 min – You will want to make sure the cheese has browned.
This recipe is adapted from Joyful Momma’s Kitchen