2 Ingredient Soda Cake Recipe

October 2, 2012

Did you pre-order Budget Savvy Diva’s Book Yet ?! Over 40 Recipes

Find out all the details HERE

Make sure to pin the recipe or REPIN IT!

Everyday at 1 pm PST/ 4pm EST Budget Savvy Diva posts a NEW RECIPE :) I might miss this time every now or then – but I know you understand

Make sure to follow Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook :)

Find Copy Cat Restaurant Recipes HERE

Find Crock Pot Recipes HERE

Find Gluten Free Recipes HERE

Find more Recipes HERE

What You Need

Chocolate Cake Box Mix

1 Can of Soda – I used Diet Dr. Pepper

What To Do

Mix the cake mix and soda together in a bowl — that is all. No need to add ANYTHING else. No Eggs. No Oil. No Water.

Follow the instructions on the box for baking instructions — bakes like a normal cake

So light and yummy!

Soda Cake

: Dessert
: 6-8

Ingredients
  • Chocolate Cake Box Mix
  • 1 Can of Soda - I used Diet Dr. Pepper
Instructions
  1. Mix the cake mix and soda together in a bowl -- that is all. No need to add ANYTHING else. No Eggs. No Oil. No Water.
  2. Follow the instructions on the box for baking instructions -- bakes like a normal cake
  3. So light and yummy!

Other recipes you'll love:

Shoediva October 2, 2012 at 8:06 pm

THis is the what you learn in Weight Watchers, 1 slice used to be 1-2 points.

Kat Diamond October 2, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I have to tell you that my son did NOT believe you could bake a cake that way, so you know what we did…..yup, we baked a cake just like you said and guess what….(son now typing) I’m sorry Budget Diva for not believing you could bake a cake this way, my mom and I did what you said and I really loved it. I will never doubt you again…(mom typing) well, you made a believer out of my family. Just know that you are adored and we love everything you have on your website and appreciate taking the time to give us some really great information. GOD BLESS you and your family!!!!!

Sherry October 2, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I have a 2 ingredient cake that my family loves too! It is a cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin (pure pumpkin). Our favorite is with Devils Food flavor, but we’ve done it with yellow and red velvet too. Very moist and yummy. Can’t wait to try this one!

Kim January 10, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I have been using the pumpkin puree for years…love it with spice cake mix. It is so delicious and moist.

Justina October 2, 2012 at 11:48 pm

I haven’t tried a cake yet, but I did the same for brownies which I found the recipe for on pinterest & they did not turn out good. The taste was fine & they looked good but they were gummy-like gesture that I was not fond of.

Tasha October 3, 2012 at 2:16 am

Can you use any soda?

Budget Savvy Diva October 3, 2012 at 2:27 am

yep

Rsnee October 3, 2012 at 2:30 am

Does this work for the gluten free mix as well?

Lauralee Hensley October 4, 2012 at 2:01 am

So, I’m wondering if you used a white, or strawberry, or a lemon cake mix and used a non-cola pop like diet mountain dew or diet 7-up how it would taste, or if it would work as well.

Lauralee Hensley October 4, 2012 at 2:02 am

Oh, I forgot diet ginerale if you could find a orange cake mix or even in a pumpkin cake mix. Hmmm, you got my brain a spinning.

Heather November 14, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Hungry girl was on Dr. Oz today and she made hers with flavored sparkling water. I’ve made the cake with the diet soda and really like it, but the water would be great with a light cake such as white or yellow. Then the flavor of the water would shine through a bit.

Cindy January 10, 2013 at 8:16 pm

Dear Diva, You are young enough to be my daughter but I have learned so much from you. Thanks for all of your tips. I am a big fan.

Kristen January 12, 2013 at 1:38 am

And Tastefully Simple markets their food on this same concept… In fact their beer bread is exactly this, add a carbonated beverage and done! I’m not sure how healthy any of it is but thank you!

K January 21, 2013 at 10:59 pm

Usually there is a calorie panel that tells you the calories unprepared add that together plus the calories in the entire can of soda and you have your calorie total.

Camila February 2, 2013 at 11:16 pm

Mine didn’t work out… I used guarana soda and butter cake mix. It mas quite runny. Did lots of things differently, as I add choc chips and electric pan…
I’ll have to do it again. Maybe as you, devil’s choc cake and dr. Peper and see how it goes:)

Budget Savvy Diva February 2, 2013 at 11:31 pm

Try it how I did it — it should work well

Allie Talley March 14, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I tried this with a cherry vanilla coke and it was divine!