Belly Slimming Detox Water Recipe

June 8, 2014

Belly Slimming Detox Water Recipe

If you do not follow me on Instagram or Facebook you most likely do not know that I have been u picking Strawberries the last couple of weeks ( about 10 pounds in all so far) – most of them I will freeze in 1 cup amounts – perfect for using in a recipe or making into a smoothie

For the rest I will be making jams and breads and of course many drinks

I have been experimenting with different infusions — and I finally added some basil to my drink ( I did not think it would work … but it totally does – I was shocked!)

Have you ever tried infused water? If you have what did you think?

Belly Slimming Detox Water Recipe

Also make sure to use plenty of ice – the colder the water the more calories your body burns ( the body has to heat up the water to use — I hope that makes sense) — so be generous on that ice :)

What the ingredients do for you :)

Cucumbers – Refreshing

Strawberries – Energy BOOSTER – Adds a wonderful flavor to the water plus has enough fiber to boost your digestion

Basil – Helps curb appetite, settle upset tummies, also is a  fluid retention helper ( I know when it is warm I am always retaining water)

I have been drinking infused water instead of soda for about a month now and I have lost about 4 pounds — my diet is pretty much the same — so it is working :)

Also I wish I got another picture of this recipe but I wanted to drink it too much 😉

If you make the Belly Slimming Detox Water Recipe please make sure to leave a comment what you thought – I love your feedback :)

Love You Guys!

Belly Slimming Detox Water Recipe

Ingredients
  • Ice
  • Water
  • 3 Basil leaves roughly chopped
  • 1 strawberry sliced
  • 3 - 5 slices of cucumber
Instructions
  1. Combine all the ingredients in a large glass
  2. Let it sit for 5 minutes at least
  3. Enjoy

Other recipes you'll love:

Lindsay June 9, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I am drinking some right now….mine has watermelon, cucumber, mint and lime juice!! So GOOD!!

Thanks for this new recipe.

Tina May 9, 2016 at 3:53 am

Can you make a container of this and drink from it thru out the day or is it more effective to make it as you go

Mary May 23, 2016 at 8:25 pm

What can be substituted for grapfruit , also’ can you drink more than 1 infused drink daily

Cyndy June 10, 2014 at 12:40 am

This is the first infused water I’ve tried, they all look good and I finally had all the ingredients on hand for one. It’s a nice refreshing taste, a nice change from plain old water (which I do love).

Hannah June 15, 2014 at 5:19 am

I love the idea… I finally have all ingredients on Hand and making some now:)

Hannah June 15, 2014 at 7:00 am

Do you drink this once a day?

cheyenne June 16, 2014 at 2:56 am

Do you drink it once a day for a month??

Haylee Williams September 11, 2014 at 2:44 am

Hi! Do you drink this one a day? Or how often?

misty blackwell January 18, 2015 at 12:39 pm

I like this infusion water idea. How much of each item would you use for an infusion pitcher?

jen March 2, 2015 at 4:44 pm

YUM! I happen to have all these ingredients on hand & I’m trying them now :)

xx,
Jen
@jensav11
misslifestyler.com

shay May 10, 2015 at 5:46 pm

How long is the water good for

kenitaeackles May 10, 2015 at 7:47 pm

The cucumbers lemons and mint leaves really works 2 inches off waist

Detox Sarah May 11, 2015 at 10:40 am

Looks awesome. :) Can’t wait to get home and try this out.

Gileen May 12, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Taste great. Didn’t hv basil but I used blue berries. .. thanks again

Maria May 31, 2015 at 11:50 pm

how much water do I use? And how much of it do I have to drink?

Meghan June 15, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Can you use frozen strawberries?

Elaine June 15, 2015 at 8:58 pm

This is the first for me. I am very interested in learning to make these for health reasons. Thank you

Sandy June 30, 2015 at 5:09 pm

I planted lemon basil and it smell delicious so I’m trying it for the detox. Oh yummy!!

Deb July 6, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Not to detract from the detox water as I think it is very good for you but simply by virtue of stopping soda, whether it be regular or diet, most people who loose poundage. Again, please do drink this wonderful water as I tink it is therapeutic in many different ways but please do not count on it simply to loose weight. Stopping soda will help do that.

Monika August 14, 2015 at 8:54 pm

Deb, I totally agree with you. Well said.

Veronica July 11, 2015 at 1:55 am

I love that drink I drink it every day

ansa July 28, 2015 at 4:21 pm

I am allergic to strawberries so I tried with without strawberries. It smelled very good. But I like my simple lemon water the best every day in the morning.

Sue August 5, 2015 at 2:08 pm

This looks awesome, going to try it! I make one with lemon (has potassium, and reduces inflammation), cucumber (reduces blood pressure, antioxidant and detoxes the body), mint (helps settle your stomach and aids in digestion), and ginger (helps with inflammation and aids digestion). This is a detox drink so it WILL make you have to go to the bathroom, but it’s delicious and so good for you. Slice one whole lemon thin, half a large cucumber, thin. Add to a pitcher of water (about 3 cups water). Cut 3 to 4 mint leaves, add to water. Grate and elbow of ginger root, about 1 teaspoonful) add to water. Put in fridge and steep over night. Using a strainer and a new pitcher strain out the lemon, cucumber, mint and ginger. Drink it over the next 36 hours! Keep in fridge!

beth August 7, 2015 at 11:38 pm

Can’t wait to fix this one it sounds great. I make up a different one every night in a 32 ounce Gatorade bottle and put in the freezer. In the morning when I get up I put in the frig to thaw and drink on it till it is gone then I refill and refreeze. I do this for 24 hours and then I start over with the bottle. I am trying to loose as much weight as I can before the first of the year. Thanks for putting drinks like on the web.

Diane Pennex September 18, 2015 at 5:22 pm

I love my fruit infusion drink,I put oranges,strawberry ,cucumber ,lemon,lime,mint,and honey,I put the fruit into a mason jar and left in the refrigerator overnight and it was really delicious,I am so excited to get some recipes,The one that I made just came out of my own thinking,I used 2cups of distiller water and the rest of fruit I put in,I think that the cucumber overtook most of the tasty,next time,I will cut down on the cucumber.Other than that I really enjoyed the drink and would appreciate having some more recipes.Love You and Thank You for posting this beautiful tasty detox drink on. FaceBook.

Loulie September 28, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Soon scrummy!!! Does it help you lose weight quickly?

Emily Zastrow January 10, 2016 at 7:37 pm

I’ve done this detox for a month now and I absolutely swear by this! It reduced my bloating dramatically, it also helped my shred a couple pounds but that is from the strawberries. This detox doesn’t have a really strong laxative effect like many other teas/detoxes have. This will defiantly be a detox I do every other month.

Sheikh February 17, 2016 at 6:05 am

Very interesting composition. Sadly i dont find basil leaves here , so can i ise basil seeds instead ?

RDG March 10, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Is there a limit on how much you should drink? Or do you drink half your weight in ounces?

Donna March 23, 2016 at 12:44 pm

What can use instead of strawberries? I’m allergic to strawberries.