Being pretty pregnant with twins I am surprised I have so much energy. Don’t get me wrong I do not have a ton but I have a lot and I really want to be in the kitchen. I made Eric cinnamon rolls yesterday – I cannot wait to bake with the twins someday. I thought I would make some fun Shamrock Mint Oreos especially since Eric and I are both Irish 🙂
Shamrock Mint Oreos
- Shamrock Oreo Mold ( I found mine on Amazon)
- 12 mint flavored Oreo cookies
- ½ cup Wilton green candy melts
- 12 oz bag Wilton white candy melts
- Add the green candy melts to a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 45-50 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Carefully pour the melted green candy into the shamrock part of each cookie mold. (I used a teaspoon).
- Place the cookie molds in the refrigerator and chill for 10 minutes to allow the green chocolate shamrocks to harden.
- Add the white candy melts to a double boiler over medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and transfer to a small bowl for easier handling.
- Remove the chilled cookie molds from the refrigerator. Pour 2 Tablespoons of the melted white chocolate into each mold.
- Place a mint Oreo cookie on top of the melted chocolate.
- Pour additional melted chocolate on top of the cookies, up to the top of each mold.
- Chill for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Pop the cookies out of their molds and ENJOY!!