If you like this recipe then PIN IT on Pinterest
Everyday at 5 pm PST/ 8 pm EST Budget Savvy Diva posts a NEW RECIPE 🙂
Make sure to follow Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook 🙂
Find Copy Cat Restaurant Recipes HERE
Find Crock Pot Recipes HERE
Find Gluten Free Recipes HERE
Find more Recipes HERE
I love using my crock pot the main reason being I can throw a bunch of ingredients in it and after a handful of hours I have a yummy meal 🙂 Many people do not know that you can cook up some pretty amazing desserts in the crock pot as well and this Budget Savvy Diva is here to show you one of my favorites. It does not get much simpler then this recipe but it tastes like something that took a lot of effort ( do not worry the truth will be our little secret 😉 ).
What You Need
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling ( or ANY Fruit Filling you want )
1 package (18 1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
What To Do
Place Cherry Filling into your crock pot.
In a medium size bowl mix: cake mix, butter, and vanilla. It becomes like dough
Crumble the “cake mixture” over the cherry filling. I used about .5 of the cake mix so the ratio of cherry to cake would be more equal. It will not rise like a cake.
Sprinkle walnuts on top.
Cover and cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or HIGH 2 hours.
P.S Serve with Ice Cream 😉
Crock Pot Cherry Cobbler
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (18¼ ounces) yellow cake mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter melted
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- Place Cherry Filling into your crock pot.
- In a medium size bowl mix: cake mix, butter, and vanilla. It becomes like dough
- Crumble the "cake mixture" over the cherry filling. I used about ½ of the cake mix so the ratio of cherry to cake would be more equal. It will not rise like a cake.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3 to 4 hours or HIGH 2 hours.
- Enjoy 🙂
This recipe was adapted from Frugal Villages – Cherry Delight Recipe.