I love chocolate and I love peppermint and I am PRETTY obsessed with peppermint bark!
But I am NOT obsessed with the price!
When I found out how easy it is to make I was very excited. This is the perfect cooking recipe for kids to help make.
This dish is also naturally gluten – free 🙂 Got to love that
Everything you need is above – you most likely have everything in your cupboards ( you got to love that)
This recipe make enough for 3 large servings. I made a video of me making the recipe and how I package the gift ( frugally) so it would be perfect for neighbor or friends holiday gifts for not a lot out of pocket.
The recipe cost around $5 to make — so it equals about $1.70 EACH!!!! This cost even includes using Ghirardelli Chocolate. You can use dark or bittersweet chocolate – I do not suggest milk because the treat will be a little too sweet
Make sure you are following me on YouTube – I have 5 other recipe videos for you to enjoy on the channel
Here is a closeup of the final recipe — so YUMMY!!!! Everyone will love it!
If you make this recipe or any of my other ones please place them on Instagram use the #budgetsavvydiva so I can find them
Thanks! I love you guys!
Peppermint Bark Recipe
- 1½ Pounds of Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1½ tsp of Peppermint Extract
- 7 - 8 Candy Canes Broken Up Into Small Pieces
- There is a video of how to make this recipe - on the recipe page
- Make a double boiler and melt chocolate
- Stir in peppermint extract
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Pour chocolate onto the sheet - make sure it is spread evenly
- Sprinkle candy canes on top
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for a few hours
- Break into small pieces