Make sure to REPIN this recipe 🙂
Do you have a recipe that you are always making small changes to? That is me and my spaghetti bake – though my family loves it ( I posted this recipe before back in the day) I never have been 100% happy with the look and taste.
I would say the taste is a solid 9/10 but the look is more of a 7/10 for me
I am thinking about trying this recipe again but using a homemade alfredo sauce – what do you think? My dad thinks that it would be WAY too much dairy
I would love to know what you think 🙂
If you do make the Cheesy Spaghetti Bake Recipe make sure to comment and let me know what you think 🙂
Love You Guys!
Cheesy Spaghetti Bake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic mined
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon ( my secret ingredient)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1½ Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 oz of cottage cheese
- 4 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook Pasta ( Break the spaghetti in half ( makes it easier to eat) ) via the directions on the box. Preheat oven to 350
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and add onions and cook for 10 minutes – add garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add beef to onions and garlic and cook beef till it is no longer brown. Drain beef.
- Add Sauce and mix. Add cinnamon, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.
- In a medium size bowl place melted butter. Add cooked pasta and toss.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs and add cottage cheese and mix.
- In a 9×13 greased pan start layering – place half the spaghetti in the pan. Add half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Add Meat Sauce. Add 2 Cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Do the layering again. ( Pasta, cottage cheese Mixture, Sauce, Cheese)
- Cover the pan well and place in the oven for 40 minutes. Uncover and cook this cheese has browned ( about 15 minutes).
- Enjoy 🙂