Are you ready for 2016?
I am not either – but I am trying to get ready for the big party at my house. Each year my husband and I hold a party for New Years Eve – it is a fun night where food is VERY important. I normally stick with tons of appetizers.
I thought it would be fun to share my favorite appetizer recipe I use every New Years Eve plus a few other tips.
Here are my top 3 tips to host the Ultimate Holiday Party.
- Pick a Theme – Choose your colors and the feel you want the party to have. What I do is pick a theme ( a theme like a classic New Years Eve party) and I buy high quality items for the party that can be used year after year. I bought this antique punch bowl years ago – though it costs a pretty penny it really adds richness to the party each year.
- Create Excitement – Make sure your potential guests are well aware of the party as soon as possible. Make sure to send a invitation and make sure to follow up before the event as well.
I left the most important one for last. It is really important you have great food which is why I am sharing my Summer Sausage Cheese Bombs with you.
The star of the show is Johnsonville Summer Sausage! This is what you will need
Summer Sausage Cheese Bombs Recipe
- Johnsonville Summer Sausage
- Refrigerated Biscuits - Use 8 - 12 Biscuits
- Cheddar Cheese - Sliced Small
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter Melted
- Rock Salt
- Fresh Parsley - Chopped
- Preheat over to 375
- Flatten each biscuit and place 2 pieces of cheese and one slice of sausage
- Have the edges of the biscuit meet together and place in a greased skillet
- Brush butter on each biscuit
- Add salt and parsley to each biscuit
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Enjoy !
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville . The opinions and text are all mine.