I could not be more excited about today’s recipe! I am going to not only show you how to make this yummy dish but how to make the tomato sauce. This is the easiest tomato sauce I have ever posted ( well one of the easiest — all my recipes tend to be pretty easy).
The sauce recipe is adding all the ingredients into a casserole dish – baking the dish for a while and blending it all together! What I love about the recipe is what I give you is a great base – you can add whatever you want into it – like tons of fresh basil.
When I make this recipe I always throw in veggies of some kind ( since my husband runs away from vegetables unless they are hidden). For the basic recipe I am using 1 carrot – but I have used spinach. The tomatoes really overpower the taste of the vegetables you add.
For this meal I am using chicken but you can add cooked ground beef to your base sauce and you have meat sauce ready to go. I forgot to add the 1 cup of mozzarella cheese I used when I baked the dish.
If you do make my Chicken and Pasta Skillet Dinner Recipe please make sure to comment and let me know what you think 🙂
Chicken and Pasta Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound of chicken breast
- 1 Pound of Penne Pasta
- 1 Cup of Mozzarella
- 2 Large Cans of Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrots, cut
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ Cup of tablespoons olive oil, Divided
- salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 - place the tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil, and salt and pepper into a casserole dish. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes - everything should be very tender.
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes - place the contents of the casserole dish into a blender and blend till well combined.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the box
- While the pasta is cooking - heat the rest of the olive oil in a skillet - add chicken and cook ( you can season with salt and pepper if you want)
- Once the chicken is cooked take the chicken out of the pan and set aside
- Place the pasta and sauce in the pan and mix - add in chicken
- Place cheese on top of the dish
- Bake uncovered in the oven for 5 minutes - till cheese is melted.