When I was a child I would eat pasta almost every night of the week since it really can be used in different ways. I want to share a recipe with you that I use to make ( well I made a more childish version ).
When I was young I use to take Piano Class every Monday – so it was my job to eat dinner before hand. Each Monday I would cook up some pasta – throw a little butter in and some of that horrible Parmesan cheese that comes in that green can. Now that was “pretty” good in the eyes of a 10 year old girl. I updated the recipe a bit to include a bit of spice ( but not too much). This recipe is extremely family friendly. To make this recipe gluten free simply use your favorite gluten free pasta.
Here is a candid shot of Eric enjoying the pasta. There is a more staged shot but I liked this one MUCH better. He ended up eating that WHOLE bowl plus another one.
You most likely have everything you need for this recipe in your kitchen already
To change up this recipe I would use different types of pasta. I even have used ravioli with this recipe and it worked out great. This recipe is enough for a family for 4 as long you serve with a protein with some kind I highly suggest Baked Chicken Recipe . When I make this recipe ( with a small salad) for Eric and myself there is enough for both of us for a serving plus one extra bowl worth of leftovers.
If you do make my Parmesan Garlic Pasta please make sure and let me know what you thought
Parmesan Garlic Pasta
- 10 Ounces of Pasta
- 5 Tablespoons of Butter, Unsalted
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Cook pasta - drain well and set aside
- While the pasta is cooking over medium/high heat add butter, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic - whisk for 4 - 5 minutes until the butter turns a light brown. There might be some foam
- Remove from heat - add in cheese, pasta and parsley
Recipe is adapted from HERE