Strawberry Greek Yogurt Coffee Cake with Granola Streusel
- 1 Cup of Van's Granola
- ½ Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- ⅓ Cup of Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- 4 Tablespoons of soft unsalted butter
- 1⅓ Cup of Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1.4 Teaspoon of Salt
- ½ Cup of Unsalted Butter ( soft)
- ¼ Cup of Sugar
- ⅓ Cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup of Wallaby Greek Yogurt ( Strawberry)
- 2 Cups of Strawberries - chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 - butter a 9 inch baking dish
- Mix all the streusel ingredients together in a bowl - place aside
- Mix in a bowl - flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- In another bowl - mix together well - butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and Wallaby Greek Yogurt.
- Mix in flour mixture into the wet ingredients
- Pour batter into the baking dish and add strawberries on top
- Add the streusel ingredients on the top of the strawberries
- Bake for 50 minutes
- Let cool and enjoy
All ideas, recipes, and opinions are entirely my own however, this is a sponsored post on behalf of wholesome brands, Vans Simply Delicious® and Wallaby® Organic.
I made a breakthrough in the breakfast department with the moistest coffee cake ever. It’s packed with Granola and fresh fruit, and it is so good. It started with Van’s Simply Delicious granola that I picked up at Target after I already had Wallaby Organic Greek Yogurt in my cart.
I had been going around and around in my mind about a new recipe and another way to make breakfast accessible at home. Eric has been eating more wholesome foods lately, and it is necessary to make foods that fit his lifestyle. He always likes having coffee cake available for a quick bite before heading off to work and I really wanted to do something different with the yogurt.
While I was out I also was sure to pick up some fresh fruit to go in the cake. Fruit and granola always make a good companion to yogurt and I knew they would add texture and layers, not to mention great flavor and added nutritional value to the coffee cake.
This is a super easy recipe. The cake is unbelievably moist and the berries make the cake so tasty it can double as a dessert. The first thing I did was make a coffee cake batter and add strawberry Greek yogurt to the mixture. You can use your favorite gluten free flour to make a delicious gluten free snack. I poured the batter into a 9″ pan and added a layer of strawberries that I got at the local farmers’ market. I topped it with a streusel I made out of the Van’s Simply Delicious Gluten Free Cranberry Almond Granola, my flour, and butter.
With so many flavors of Van’s Granola and Wallaby Greek Yogurt, there are limitless possibilities. They’re organic and gluten free, don’t use GMO’s, and they use less sugar which is why I like them. This simple recipe alone can be altered in several ways to fit your taste. After I baked it for 45 minutes it came out looking so beautiful I almost couldn’t capture the photo before it was gone.
You can get Wallaby Greek Yogurt and Van’s Simply Delicious Granola at Target and take advantage of their great cartwheel offers here: