How to Sharpen Razors using your Jeans!

September 6, 2012

Other Great Tips!

How to Remove Grease and Oil From Clothing

How to Make Fabric Softener Sheets

How to Clean a Toilet with Coke

Use Mayonnaise to Remove Water Marks on Wood

How to Extend the Life of your Razor by using Jeans as a Sharpening Tool

After using your razor slide the razor the entire length of your jeans about 10-20 times in each direction

This should take out the nicks from your razor to keep it sharper longer

madeleine September 7, 2012 at 4:44 am

i never new you can sharo your razor with jeans please show me

allison September 7, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Slide it the way you would shave or parallel with the blades?

Jennifer Cruea November 26, 2012 at 9:19 pm

If you break your nail and don’t have a file handy you can run it along your jeans as well until you get to use a file! :)

Mary faery November 27, 2012 at 12:16 am

Do you slide it sideways or as if you were shaving?

Carrie K November 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm

My husband does this with his Mach 5 blades. He uses the same blade for 2 months! We have a 12in strip of denim hanging from our shower rod. You just start at the bottom and push the razor up to the top 10-20 times. It is awesome paying $12 for refill blades only a few times a year =)

Arline F. December 21, 2012 at 8:14 pm

So you shave backwards on the denim?

Sarah February 10, 2013 at 5:17 am

I just need a little clarity on this one… Am I “running the razor” just like I would be shaving my legs, or am I holding it in a diff. direction?

Melissa March 15, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Ok let me explain. Put the jeans on. With the razor in your hand, holding it the same way you would be if you were shaving your legs, put the razor at your hip and carefully run it to your knee. Stop. If you pull the razor back to your hip, you will be shaving your leg ( if you didnt have pants on of course) That is how you know you are holding it right and going in the right direction. Lift the razor back up, put it back at your hip, and repeat process again untill razor is sharp. i hope that helps.

Julie @ Outtakes on the Outskirts May 29, 2013 at 6:26 pm

This really does work! I’ve been trying it for a few weeks now and am about to blog about my results. Thanks for the tip!