Make sure to REPIN this recipe 🙂
I have gotten in the mood to make breakfast casseroles – it always seems to happen when it gets cold out. There is nothing more comforting then a hearty food and plenty of it.
When I was developing this recipe I wanted to make something that was high in protein ( meat, eggs, and cheese) and had veggies in it ( green and red pepper) – if your family is anything like my husband making them eat veggies is a chore! I always have to hid them or he will not eat it!
Let’s get on with the recipe
Everything you need is above – one item you do not need to get is the diced fire roasted green peppers – I wanted another level of flavor and it cost under $1 so I thought it would be a good edition
My whole family loved the dish and my husband has already asked me to make it again ( SWEET!)
Everything about this bake looks yummy!!! All I want to do is have a piece !
My dad wanted me to take a picture of a piece of casserole so you could see that layers – this one is for you dad
Yum… Layers… Yum!
Ultimate Breakfast Bake Recipe
- 1 Can of Grand Rolls - cut each biscuit into ¼ths
- 4 eggs
- ½ Green Pepper Diced
- ½ Red Pepper Diced
- 12 Fully Cooked Sausages - Jimmy Dean works well
- 2 Cups of Medium Cheddar Cheese
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of pepper
- 1 can of fire roasted green peppers
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a skillet place about ½ tablespoon of olive oil - heat - place red and green peppers - cook for 5 minutes
- Cut the sausages well and place in the skillet with the peppers - mix for 1 minute - add fire roasted peppers, salt, and pepper - mix and heat for 1 more minute
- Take a casserole dish - I used a 8x8 casserole dish - lightly greased
- Place biscuits on the bottom then sausage mixture on top
- Whisk the eggs and pour that over everything
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes