Skinny Detox Water Recipe

May 19, 2014

Skinny Detox Water Recipe

Make sure to REPIN this recipe :)

The warm weather is here everyone ! I have been feeling it in Portland, OR – which is usually around 50 – 60s and raining

I do not have AC in my office so I cool down with plenty of cold water

Since the farmers market is back I have been stocking up on fruits and veggies to infuse my waters – if you have a local farmers market I suggest you go – produce is SUPER fresh and it is important to support local business :)

Skinny Detox Water Recipe

What each ingredient does for you :)

Lemon ( Lemons are natural energizers plus it kick starts that metabolism )

Lime ( natural energizers helps your metabolism )

Grapefruit – ( natural energizers with a bit of sweetness)

Fresh Mint ( Helps your breath and helps you tummy work better)

The main thing is that there are 3 different ingredients that are working to boost your metabolism naturally :)

I drink my Skinny Detox Water Recipe up to twice a day – I simply refill my mason jar after it is empty — you can fill it up and drink it again for a third time but I would suggest to replace the ingredients if you want a 4th cup

Skinny Detox Water Recipe

This drink is super refreshing ( as I sip on the water as I am writing this :) )

Skinny Detox Water Recipe

If you make the Skinny Detox Water Recipe make sure to leave a comment and let us know what you think – reviews help readers know if they should make a recipe or not

Love You Guys!

Skinny Detox Water Recipe

Ingredients
  • Lemon ( Lemons are natural energizers plus it kick starts that metabolism )
  • Lime ( natural energizers helps your metabolism )
  • Grapefruit - ( natural energizers with a bit of sweetness)
  • Cucumber ( Helps give the drink an extremely refreshing taste ( it is pretty addicting) )
  • Fresh Mint ( Helps your breath and helps you tummy work better)
  • Ice
  • Water
Instructions
  1. In a glass – combine water and ice ( about ¾th of the glass)
  2. Add lemon, lime, grapefruit, cucumber and mint till the drink is full
  3. For my mason jar I used 2 full slices of lemon, 1 slice of grapefruit, 2 small slices of lime ,3 slices of cucumber and 6 mint leaves
  4. Stir and left sit for 5 minutes ( keep the ingredients in the drink while you enjoy it)

Other recipes you'll love:

Shannah May 25, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I really love this water! I substitute oranges for the grapefruit and I make it in a 2qt. pitcher to have ready in the fridge. I am able to replace my fruit every other day. Where did you get the lid to turn your Mason jar into a cup?

connie June 1, 2014 at 3:58 pm

Shannon you can buy them already made at walmart.

asd June 30, 2014 at 5:10 pm

@Connie, cmon, this is pure nature stuff..not some walmart garbage full of dozen emulgators…

cheryl July 3, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I believe she was referring to the Mason jar lid lol

Kelly April 18, 2015 at 12:32 pm

Depending where you live, I recently bought a four pack of mason jars with straw lids at Menards…Depending where you live, I recently bought a four pack of the mason jars with straw kids at Menards.

Alba Warren July 1, 2015 at 12:56 pm

You just answered my question, Can you make a bigger Jug, Yes…. :-)

Carrie March 1, 2016 at 2:54 pm

You can buy lids & rings at Dollar General $2.75 for 12 and Mason jars with handle Dollar Tree for $1.00 ea. ea. Walmart is $5.94 ea. 32 oz. & $9.94 for pk of 4 16 oz

Victoria May 27, 2014 at 1:43 am

Can you make it the night before and leave in refrigerator.

Sara May 27, 2014 at 3:00 am

Yep :)

PJ May 30, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Do you squeeze the juice from the lemons and limes into the water?

Sara May 30, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Nope – the water helps to infuse it through the fruit

Susie June 19, 2014 at 3:04 am

Can you use soda water instead of tap? I drink a lot of soda with lemon/lime. This sounds great.

Sara June 19, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Sure :)

martha@ simple-nourished-living June 27, 2014 at 1:19 am

Love this post! I used your photo (with credit) and link back to your recipe in a Zero WW Points Plus Water recipe post that will go live on my site tomorrow. Hope this is OK. If not, let me know and I will take it down. Warmly, Martha

Maddy June 27, 2014 at 11:28 am

Would love to put it in mason jars or whatever they are but as I am from Australia they aren’t sold here. No walmarts or any of those types of shops. Any recommendations on where I can find some? Thanks a lot, looking forward to this.

Sara June 30, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Online – Like On Amazon

Beth June 27, 2014 at 1:47 pm

do you leave peel on all items??

Sara June 30, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Nope

Karen July 1, 2014 at 4:27 pm

you replied that you don’t leave the peel on all items but I see peels on all the items in your photo. Which ingredients do you remove the peel from?

Laurie July 3, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Karen – it looks like only the grapefruit peel has been removed. That one would most likely be the hardest I imagine to fit in a glass with the peel one. I would imagine removing the peel from the lemons/limes could be somewhat difficult — and really it wouldn’t seem to matter. And cukes people eat all the time with the peel on so that’s that. Honestly, it’s probably mostly your personal preference. :)

Felicia June 13, 2015 at 3:16 am

I take the peels off of the grapefruit because the first time I did it, it made it taste slightly bitter, the second time around no skin and it was much better;)

Shannon April 30, 2015 at 8:49 pm

This seems really cool I haven’t tried it yet but i’m going to right now.So…could you use oranges instead of grapefruit

Macy May 19, 2015 at 7:59 pm

We make this type of water at work occasionally. We made the mistake of leaving the peels on the citrus and the water was almost too bitter to drink by the next day, however, we do leave the peels on the cucumber and it tastes just fine. Leaving the peels on for the picture makes it pretty, and thats the only good thing about the peels. :)

Gay Marie June 27, 2014 at 2:10 pm

I can do do oranges or grapefruit because of my meds…….could I just use extra lemon

Janet June 27, 2014 at 3:47 pm

I drink a lot of lemon water and I would try this except I cannot stand cucumbers, is there a sub. For that?

cheryl July 3, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Maybe watermelom?

Jen June 28, 2014 at 2:15 am

I really like this drink, I make it in a large bowl and strain the water off and take it to work. Very refreshing.

cheryl July 4, 2014 at 1:31 am

Made it, love it, and my 6 year old who HATES drinking water loves it :) win,win!

Tara July 4, 2014 at 11:04 am

I made it the night before, and found the peels on the citrus fruit made the water bitter if it sat too long. So, I ended up peeling the citrus fruit next time. Much tastier.

Madie July 5, 2014 at 7:23 am

I only have lemon and cucmber, is there anything I can use for a substitute?

Oindy April 26, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Pineapple, watermelon, raspberry, oranges…

Cristina Sirur Flores July 7, 2014 at 8:30 am

En los ingredientes no pone cal, pero en la preparación si lo pone, para qué sirve la cal?

Duke May 12, 2016 at 10:18 pm

No importa. El orden no importa tampoco. Simplemente permitir que todo el tiempo los ingredientes para infundir el agua.

anca July 7, 2014 at 9:25 am

Hi! do you use hot water or room temperature water to mix with the veggies?

Maggie July 20, 2015 at 10:07 pm

cold water

Imelda July 7, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Do you refill the water or just throw away all the fruits and make new one?
If you refill it, how many times you used the same ingredients?

Sara July 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm

You can reuse the same ingredients up to 3 times

mishti August 5, 2014 at 3:13 pm

whats the use of it exactly?

boop March 31, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Thats what I would like to know- easy enough to make-why the word “Detox”??

Oindy April 26, 2016 at 9:21 pm

It flushes out the toxins from your system, refreshes and re-energizes you, and also aids weight loss.

Gina August 11, 2014 at 10:53 am

Love this water. I just made it for the first time today. Didn’t have any mint leaves unfortunately but it still tastes good. Very refreshing!

Julie December 20, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Does the water taste like the cucumbers?

Nikki January 16, 2015 at 2:46 am

Do I have to use mint ?

Karen January 18, 2015 at 1:54 am

Can you say “ADDICTIVE” a gain?! Have been trying to stop drinking Dt coke forever…1 week drinking this water, had 1 Dt Coke all week. I just used lemon and cucumber, peel on. Put it in the frig overnight and refilled it three times during the day (we have a drug at work). Refill chill enjoy. Love it.

Kathy January 19, 2015 at 2:45 am

I highly suggest that you buy organic lemons, grapefruit & cucumbers if you plan on leaving the peels on. They are all high in pesticides which will defeat the purpose of this drink being healthy!

Christina Marie April 28, 2015 at 5:25 pm

You call this a detox water but what ingredient is used to make it “detox”… I ask because I am not a fan of cucumbers in water (I know, I am the odd one on this) so I want to be sure I don’t omit something that just turns it into an infused water, not that that is bad but I like the detox factor. If it is the cucumbers, what other ingredient can I substitute it and have the same benefit? Thanks!

Lana May 25, 2015 at 7:51 pm

I’m to see this. I’ve drank my water with 3 of the 4 ingredients. Now that I’ve added the grapefruit it’s even better!

Alexis June 12, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Can you refill your mason jar using the same ingredients already in it or is it a one time cup and then you need fresh ingredients again?

Alba Warren July 1, 2015 at 12:59 pm

I am glad I can make a bigger Jug full, I don’t like to use the fridge at work, I lined my lunch Bag with Freezer bags ( silver ones ) I know excessive but it works I have Very Cold Water at lunch after 4 hr’s. This would be perfect & a nice change.
Have a good one.

Meghan November 17, 2015 at 2:18 pm

I also left the peels on the citrus fruit and the water was very bitter the next day, I’ll be trying to peel those tonight when I make my next batch for tomorrow. I like this drink, but if you don’t have that acquired cucumber taste you might want to substitute that out or try another detox water without cucumber. If you leave it to sit overnight it has a very strong taste the next day!

Katia November 25, 2015 at 4:23 pm

Hi, I really love your detox water ideas. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you only drink this mixture – no food? Also, for how long do you normally do this detox for? Is this the same for the clear skin detox that you’ve mentioned? Thanks!

Duke May 12, 2016 at 10:22 pm

It is not a substitute for meals — it is merely a beverage to aid in flushing some impurities from your body. This may or may not cause some weight loss. Just drink it for as long as you enjoy it.

B February 22, 2016 at 2:54 am

How many times should I take it in order to lose?

Duke May 12, 2016 at 10:29 pm

There is no set amount of times to drink this. Drink it as long as you enjoy it. It is a beverage to aid in drawing out and flushing some impurities from your body. It may or may not cause weight loss. That’s just a desirable side-effect. So I’d suggest you drink it for a week to determine if it helps with weight loss and, if it works, just continue to drink it until you tire of it or it stops being effective for you. Remember that, once you stop drinking it, you’ll be drinking something else that will have to be considered for its impact on your weight situation (such as the impact of drinking a soda or tea on you).

Lavon Wilson March 31, 2016 at 12:39 am

Hey I love this watee so much. Can i make this in a large plastic pitcher and put in the fridge?

Sara March 31, 2016 at 2:25 pm