Everyone in my family loves pretzel – you know those types you have at the mall. Well we are STUCK in a snow storm here in Portland, OR so I decided to make this recipe for my family so they can get their pretzel fix. This recipe is BEYOND easy- this really is one that everyone in the family can make. Also this recipe is pretty healthy – the pretzels at the mall use melted butter I did not do that. I really do not think it hurt the taste by not having the butter.
Yep this is ALL you need – the magic of soft pretzels is the use of baking soda. That is what gives pretzels that wonderful taste. To make it even easier I use pre-made dough. Pizza dough works great and you really cannot tell the difference. For dipping sauces we use a honey mustard but cheese whiz is always a favorite.
If you do make my The Easiest Pretzel Bites Ever please make sure and comment and let me know what you think 🙂 Enjoy the recipe.
The Easiest Pretzel Bites Ever
- 1 package of Pizza dough - I use Pillsbury roll of pizza dough
- 1 Egg
- Rock Salt - perfect for pretzels
- 1⅓ cups baking soda
- 1 quart warm water
- Preheat oven to 350
- Create your baking soda bath - mix warm water and baking soda
- Cut up the pizza dough in small bite-size pieces
- Dip all the pieces into the baking soda bath
- Place pieces onto a baking sheet
- Whisk egg and brush egg onto the dough pieces
- Sprinkle the dough with salt
- Bake for 12 minutes - you want the dough to be golden brown