Make sure to repin today’s recipe
Fried Apples — sigh… this is one recipe I would write poetry for – if you do not know what fried apples are they taste very much like the filling of apple pie – they are VERY simple to make and are perfect as a stand alone treat OR I love fried apples over a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream ( YUM YUM in The TUM TUM )
My favorite fried apples are from Cracker Barrel — I miss my Cracker Barrel ( the closet one is in Boise, ID — I have google mapped it )
Not all the apples I used are in the picture — I ended up using 6 Granny Smith apples — I place the leftover fried apples into a mason jar and refrigerate them — I find they are still good for at least one week after I make them
Also I love how frugal this recipe is — maybe $4 to make 6 servings — which is insanely good.
What is your favorite recipe from the Cracker Barrel — I would love to make more of their recipes — I personally loved their grilled chicken tenders 🙂 I really hope they make it to Oregon soon ( fingers crossed)
If you do make the Cracker Barrel Fried Apples Recipe please let me know what you think 🙂
Love You Guys!
- 6 Granny Smith Apples - peeled and sliced ( 10 slices per apple)
- ¼ Cup of Margarine
- ¼ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Lemon Juice
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium/low heat
- Place apple slices in skillet - try and make it even. Pour lemon juice on top -- try and get the juice on as many apples as possible
- Sprinkle brown sugar + Salt onto the apples.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes - turn over once
- Make sure the apples are tender
- Sprinkles Cinnamon and Nutmeg on Top of Apples
- Enjoy 🙂