Make sure to repin this recipe
I am all about skillet meals – what I normally do is make a dish like the one above and cook up a couple cups of rice and dinner is done!
I usually make my meals using chicken breasts but I went for thighs for this recipe since Eric really prefers thigh meat and the cost. The thighs for this meal cost about $2.50 and with everything else this dish is coming in at about $5. I am really trying to save money to this in the food cost department but I do not want to lose out of flavor. It really is a hard balance.
This is what you will need
Most of these ingredients are in your pantry right now. I would say that this recipe is perfect if you are a novice cook.
What I love with this dish – is that I had some extra and it reheated really well the next day for Eric for lunch.
I love to serve this dish in the skillet itself – I love that everything is one in this one skillet. I added lemon zest on top for a finishing touch and I highly suggest you try this as well.
If you do make my Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe please make sure and comment and let me know what you thought 🙂 I know you and your family will love it!
Lemon Butter Chicken Recipe
- 4 -5 Chicken Thighs - Skin and Bone In
- 2 Teaspoons of Paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons of Butter
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth
- ½ Cup of Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Zest of One Lemon
- Juice Of One Lemon
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 3 Cups of Spinach
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a bowl mix - paprika, salt, and pepper. Season the thighs with this mixture
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat - place chicken skin side down into the butter - sear both sides about 4 minutes each
- Place chicken on a plate and get rid of a bit of the grease
- Add garlic into the skillet - stir in broth, cream, Parmesan, lemon juice, zest, spinach, and thyme
- Bring to boil
- Add chicken back in
- Bake for 25 Minutes
This recipe is adapted from HERE