Make sure to add this recipe on Pinterest or Yummly.
Sometime you need a good skillet meal. If you did not know I love fajitas – I remember having my first one at Chili’s – I thought it was the coolest thing how much it sizzled. Because Eric does not like onions we do not really make fajitas but I wanted to find a way to get the flavors into a pasta dish that everyone in my family can enjoy.
What I really like about skillet pasta meals is how easy they reheat again. Though with this recipe I doubt you will have many leftovers.
This is everything you will need – you can add in a 1/2 onion if you want – Eric HATES and I mean HATES onions so there was no way I could add it in . This recipe is a little different as well because I decided to not use my usual grape seed or olive oil – but coconut oil – I have heard great things about it. It really worked out well for this recipe.
Making this recipe again I am going to increase the amount of sour cream I used. But overall the recipe is extremely easy and not too spicy. Perfect weekday meal.
This recipe is 4 servings.
If you do make the Chicken Fajita Pasta recipe make sure to comment and let me know what you thought
Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 pound pasta
- 1 pound chicken breasts - cooked
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup prepared salsa
- 1 Cup cup shredded cheddar
- 2 tablespoons diced cilantro
- Cook pasta - drain and set aside.
- In a skillet - heat oil and add in peppers. Cook for 5 minutes. Add in chicken. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Add in fajita seasoning into the skillet.
- Add in sour cream, pasta, salsa and mix well
- Add cheese on top and let cook until cheese is melted
- Finish with cilantro and serve.
Recipe is adapted from HERE