I made this for dinner a couple weeks ago and it was a HUGE hit and I decided to post the recipe for you all.
If you do make my Creamy Roasted Garlic Spaghetti please make sure to comment.
Creamy Roasted Garlic Spaghetti
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 heads roasted garlic (instructions below)
- parsley, for garnish
- prepared pasta
- ROASTED GARLIC INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice the heads of the garlic and place In a small glass dish. Drizzle with olive oil. Cover dish with foil and roast for 1 hour. Allow to cool.
- SAUCE INSTRUCTIONS
- Heat milk in a small saucepan and remove just before it starts to boil. Cover and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour and stir until lumps are removed, for about 1 minute over medium heat
- Gradually whisk in warm milk.
- Add salt and cayenne; whisk until sauce starts to boil and reduce heat.
- Gently squeeze the garlic cloves into a small dish and mash with a fork; add to the sauce and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add over spaghetti noodles and sprinkle with parsley.