If you like this recipe then Pin It
I love eating at Chipotle – tons of gluten free options and the food is mighty yummy. But there is one thing that I do not like about Chipotle and that is the price – so I thought I would use my brain and make a copycat recipe for Chipotle Rice 🙂
I did find a number of copycat recipes on the internet but they use TONS of oil or ingredients that are expensive. So after some experimenting I have come up with a perfect copy cat recipe of the Chipotle Rice! It passed the Mr. Savvy and Budget Savvy Diva test
What you need:
1) 1 cup Rice
2) Lime Juice ( 3/4 Lime)
3) 2 Cups of Water
4) 1 tsp salt
5) 3 tbsp ( finely chopped cilantro )
6) 3 tsp vegetable oil
What To Do:
1) Place 2 tsp of Vegetable oil, Cilantro and Lime Juice in a small bowl and mix. Should look like the picture below
2) Either use a rice cooker ( I did) or cook rice on the stove top.
Add 1 cup of rice + 2 Cups of Water add salt and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
mix and cook.
3) Mix Rice and Cilantro Lime Mixture in a bowl.
4) Enjoy this amazing rice 🙂
Final Product 🙂 This rice is amazing and very easy to make perfect side to any meal!
Recipe was inspired by Skinny Taste – I changed amount of lime used and I changed how the recipe is made 🙂