Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch Recipe

April 18, 2012

Make sure to PIN this recipe :) Button is right over there or REPIN

This recipe ROCKS! The Avocado Ranch is addicting – I even put it on salads.

Everyday at 1 pm PST/ 4pm EST Budget Savvy Diva posts a NEW RECIPE :) I might miss this time every now or then – but I know you understand

Make sure to follow Budget Savvy Diva on Facebook :)

Find Copy Cat Restaurant Recipes HERE

• 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
  • 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 teaspoon grated lime peel

What To Do

Preheat oven to 400.

They are ready once they are golden brown.

Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch

: Appetiser
: Varies

Ingredients
  • Egg Rolls
  • 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
  • 1-15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1-9 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry with paper towel
  • 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
  • 4 oz can diced green chiles, drained
  • 2 green onions, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • ½ tsp chili powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 package of egg roll or wonton wrappers
  • Ranch Avocado Dipping Sauce
  • ½ cup ranch salad dressing
  • ½ medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
  • 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400.
  2. In a large bowl mix all the egg roll ingredients together ( except the egg roll wrappers).
  3. There should be instructions in the back of the wrappers about how to roll them.
  4. Once they are all wrapped place egg rolls onto parchment paper on a baking sheet
  5. Brush a small amount of Olive Oil onto each roll and cook for 15 minutes. You will have to turn them once.
  6. They are ready once they are golden brown.

Recipe is adapted from HERE

Other recipes you'll love:

Kathy M. April 19, 2012 at 1:49 am

Sounds delicious! I just printed recipe and will be taking it to the store tomorrow to purchase the ingredients and try them. Thanks for the recipes, I have been married for 27 years and I get tired of making the same old thing.

Katie April 22, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I found this recipe on pinterest and was so excited! I have been craving southwestern eggrolls for weeks and I had all the ingredients except for eggroll wrappers and ranch, so I headed to the store. I made my husband and son quesadillas with the mix because they weren’t willing to wait and they loved it. I however, was not a fan and it took me awhile but I finally figured out what was wrong. The southern eggrolls I’m used to are wrapped in a flour tortilla and fried. Also, it has pepper jack cheese for some more heat. I will make this again, but will definitely use the flour tortillas instead of eggroll wrappers! Also, the filling is great as a salsa on tacos as well! Thanks for sharing!

Ashley Manning April 23, 2012 at 8:40 pm

These were so good!! My Husband loves southwestern egg rolls and this is the best recipe we have found! I did use 1/2 the corn, fresh spinach thrown in the food processor instead of frozen, yellow onions instead of green and flour tortilla shells instead of egg roll wrappers. I pan fried mine in the iron skillet. Thank you for sharing this great recipe!!

Karen April 26, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I love southwestern egg rolls and never found a recipe that was close to what I wanted. This looks great! And I can’t wait to try it!!!

Budget Savvy Diva April 26, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Hope you like it ;)

Amy Str8 April 26, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Sounds great! I wonder if the avocado ranch is similar to the one Applebees served a few years ago.

Diana May 16, 2012 at 6:36 am

I have tried a recipe very similar to this found on allrecipes.com. Anxious to try this! Also on that site is “Amy’s creamy cilantro dip” that should have its own national holiday! It is very much like cheesecake factory’s sauce – but better! Worth a try!

KB May 22, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I made this last week and it was delicious! We love to order SW egg rolls when we go to Chili’s and these are just as good! There was so much I even froze some of the mix and made it again this week using crescent rolls (since I was out of egg roll wraps)…still delicious and a big hit with the family!. We dipped them in ranch dressing. YUM! Thanks for the recipe.

Budget Savvy Diva May 22, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Oh great! I know it makes a TON of mixture. Smart idea freezing it

Leanne May 29, 2012 at 5:04 am

I am addicted to Chili’s SW egg rolls but have never made them myself because I’m super lazy (lol) and it always seemed like soooooo much work! But, I think I am going to try it :) The only difference is that Chili’s uses flour tortillas instead of egg roll wrappers. Can you really tell/taste the difference? Anyone?

Budget Savvy Diva May 29, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I really do not think you can tell the difference

Awkward Kitchenette May 30, 2012 at 1:45 am

Can’t wait to try these out! They sound delish!

Team Priest June 2, 2012 at 7:18 pm

These were a huge hit!! I knew hubby would prefer meat added, so I shredded some chicken breast as well as used burritos because the local grocer didn’t have egg rolls. Great way to get in your veggies with hubby, kids, and pregnant mom!! Thanks a ton!

Budget Savvy Diva June 2, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I am so happy that it was a hit!

Terri June 4, 2012 at 5:50 pm

made these and our family LOVED THEM!! We used flour tortillas instead of eggroll / wonton wrappers

Budget Savvy Diva June 4, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Oh good :)

whitney June 21, 2012 at 9:27 pm

I’m trying these tonight I couldn’t find the egg roll wraps at my store so I’m going to try with phyllo dough. I hope it turns out good lol

Daria June 24, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I just made these for lunch and let me say…yummo. I put ground turkey and cooked diced yellow onion with it.

suzanne July 12, 2012 at 12:18 am

Just tried these and loved them!!

Lisa July 12, 2012 at 8:57 pm

I love your recipies! I have wanted to try this but where did you find the egg roll wraps? I have looked before and didn’t have much luck.

TheBargainBabe September 2, 2012 at 2:09 am

I have seen them in the frozen food section with other breads/rolls or possibly with desserts like frozen eclairs.

jessica September 24, 2012 at 3:31 pm

I have always found them in the produce section. I use eggroll wrappers for tones of meals and snacks!

Chrishele May 30, 2013 at 7:45 pm

At Kroger, they are in the vegetarian/vegan/healthfood section. I’ve also got them at Whole Foods near the Tofu.

kim August 2, 2012 at 4:13 pm

have you reheated these? love the recipe and would like to make some ahead for the week
any thoughts

thank you!

Kathy Boltin August 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I reheated them in the toaster oven and they were still delicious! Don’t think they would be as good reheated in the microwave.

kim August 2, 2012 at 6:30 pm

thanks for the quick reply! i thought they probably wouldn’t be the same but im sure they’re still delicious! just not cripsy

Katie P. October 10, 2012 at 2:12 am

These were soooooo good! I made them with fresh spinach (because I had a bunch to use up due to a math error). You are right – the Avocado Ranch sauce IS addicting. I put just a bit of lime juice in the sauce too, along with the zest, so good. Another Budget Savvy Diva recipe added to the rotation! :)

Budget Savvy Diva October 10, 2012 at 2:56 am

Awesome – Glad you liked it :)

K&B November 29, 2012 at 4:53 am

This looks delicious ! And its definitely a different take on egg rolls

ratedkb.wordpress.com

Fallon December 6, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I was wondering if these would be good to freeze?

Budget Savvy Diva December 6, 2012 at 7:15 pm

I have never tried

Katie P. February 5, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Fallon, I’ve frozen them and they reheated great. I make these a lot (probably far more than any human should) and it makes so much that we end up freezing about half a batch (after they’ve been cooked, of course).

Susan December 17, 2012 at 2:29 am

I made these for a party and they disappeared faster than any of the other treats! Everyone loved them and they were so easy to make…my favorite kind of recipe!

Katie March 15, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Having a get together with friends and am def making these!

Jenn Westad April 4, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Whoa…..I hadn’t seen this one! Looks delish.

Cyndy April 4, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Pinned recently and even bought the eggroll wrappers, just need the avocado now.